what i did to go from 1k-1200 elo in 3 days

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CmoneyGetmoney

08-04-2010

I am now 1300, in about 5 days, I do work, so i didn't play as much as id like.

I hear all of these people say "I deserve to be higher elo". First off you do not deserve anything, saying you deserve to be higher elo is make an assumption that someone else has some control over it, you work just as hard as the guy that owns a Ferrari, does that mean you deserve one? maybe you should be in higher elo, but the fact is you are not, weather its fault of your own or not you aren't, maybe you have more skill than half of the 1300+ players out there (wouldn't doubt it the way Ive seen some of them play), but for one reason or another you are at 900 elo.

that being said i was in the same boat as many people here currently are, started off the day season 1 came out, got to 1300 the first day (when you would get +30-35 a win) then got up to around 1500 the next week. then for some reason it just skyrocketed down, i think i lost 12 in a row or something, and in only 1 of the games i was negative, the majority of them were from bad teammates, the one thing i was doing here was chain queuing, like right away, no time in between. One thing led to another and soon i was around 1k..... So i said this wasn't working so i tried a few things, all of which worked to get me to 1200 in about 4 days time

1. Play carries as much as you can, don't play what the team needs, I'm being serious, you talk about (and i did to) about how its your teams fault, then control everything that you can.
  2. get a good carry that you can play (pref ranged) and always insist on mid.
  3. Always check if you have a friend on to duo que with, Also a lot of times just going into the LFG channel will yield a few players who want to duo que, it also seems that when im duo queuing whoever is the leader of the party will usually get first position on the team, this helps with 4 and 5
  4. If an IMBA champ inst banned/picked by the time you pick choose him/her!! Personally I'm not a huge xin zhao or heimer fan, but i can play them well enough, even though i may not want to you need to realize that in lower ELO most teams do not know how to counter them, picking them is one of the best things you can do to help assure a win.
  5. If you get ban, know weather you have first pick or not, a lot of times i will ban an innocuous champ just because i have first pick, Ive seen so many people have first pick and the first person they ban is Shacco, hes not hard to play, hes fun to play and hes (in low elo) basically and instant win.
  6. Wards/baron, I'm not sure what it is, but when i was down around 1000 it seemed that every game the enemy would try to do baron right as it spanned, or minutes within its spawn..... while this may not be a bad idea if laneing is over and one team is just playing the turtle, it does take a while to kill, and usually i can get to baron from the fountain before they kill it.
  7. Elixirs..... amazing early game in low elo, when they could simply last hit and wait for the elixir to wear off, or know not to play aggressive because you have one many people will not.
  8. DO NOT CHAIN QUE... weather this has any real effect on the team you get or not i have no clue, since i started to wait 2 or 3 minutes in between each game (usually looking for someone to duo with) i have seen a drastic increase in the quality of my teams, on this note if you are in a game and say the first person picks gangplank with revive and heal, and someone leaves the game for one reason or another, or if you just simply don't like your team/team comp vs theirs, and someone leaves HIT THE X IN THE TIMER RIGHT AWAY.. if you stay in the Que chances are you are going to get some if not all of those people on your team again, this is basically your free leave of the day that a lot of people have been asking for (at someone else's expense though)

Am I an amazing player? No, id say I'm B or B+ player, go look up my stats, got right around a 2.0 KDR while not amazing, most of my stats (in games with terrible teammates mind you) are similar to many of my friends who are 1300-1500, and i believe many people on this board are in the same boat as me. Keep in mind you are going to lose, you can't start playing and expect to win every single game, you should try to, but i was getting into that "I only need 10 more wins to get to 1100, so 10 more games and I'm set" and all that was doing was making me pissed off which led to me QQing more, 3 wins to 1 loss is great, hell 2 wins to a loss is good, your moving up slowly but at least your moving up, All though "aim for the sky" motivational posters at your work are BS, Id love to be the CEO of a multi billion dollar company, but im not and thinking im going to be isnt helping me at all, the fact is if i focus on whats way out of my reach (for the time being anyway) im going to miss all the small steps and am bound to fall back down the steps (see the steps are a metaphor for your ELO, falling down the steps is like going down into deep elo.

On a side note, my friend who introduced me to LOL back in beta (when i told him the game was stupid because you could only play on the weekends) said this on everyone raging at riot for the new MM system

"remember that riot put draft/ban mode in mainly because the community was fed up with mirror teams/stacking IMBA support teams, and pretty much riot listened, was it the best system ever? probably not, but at least they took what the community wanted and turned it into something real, and now the general concensus is that the system needs some tweaks, not a complete revamp of the system, some minor tweaks, which im sure will be adressed in the near future"

Since i got 1300 about 3 days after this post ive stoepd SSing all wins

CmoneyGetmoney

08-04-2010

pics of me going up from 1200 by following my steps

Game 1: win +13 (1213)
Game 2: win +13 (1226)
Game 3: win +12 (1238)
Game 4: win +14 (1252)
Game 5: win +11 (1263)
Game 6: win +12 (1275)
Game 7: loss -15 (1250)
Game 8: win +16 (1266)
Game 9: win +12 (1278)
Game 10: loss -12 (1266) no pic, was stuck on waitng for stats
Game 11: win +13 (1279)
Game 12: loss -12(1267) no pic once again, continious disconects from pvp.net all game
Game 13: win +11 (1278)
Game 14: win +12 (1290)
Game 15: win +11 (1301)
Game 16: win +12 (1313)

UchihaWalid

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmoneyGetmoney View Post
reserved,
preserved

CmoneyGetmoney

08-04-2010

^ i guess they are one in the same?

MapNinja

08-04-2010

*insert "wall of text crit" joke here*

TWolfe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

tl;dr
Was editing some awesome words in, but gave up halfway.

deathtoDamaker

08-04-2010

good ideas will try tonight

Kind regards,deathtoDamaker

CmoneyGetmoney

08-04-2010

what i did to get to 1k-1200..... in 3 days, maybe if i get to 1300 today ill change it =P

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

common theme:

1. pick a carry
2. carry your worthless team
3. win

CmoneyGetmoney

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrolistical View Post
common theme:

1. pick a carry
2. carry your worthless team
3. win
maybe im trying to get at something? Also having a ballin name like mine doesnt hurt