Which matchmaking 'issue' is the most important to you? (See post for more details!)

1) AFKs in Champion Select Lobby 4,858 36.25%
2) Duo-Queue Elo Disparities in Ranked 1,003 7.48%
3) Skilled Ranked Players in Normal Modes 661 4.93%
4) Premade Matching 667 4.98%
5) Transitioning from Normal to Ranked Mode 1,342 10.01%
6) Free to Play Champions in Ranked Mode 802 5.98%
7) Random Champions in Ranked Mode 646 4.82%
8) Provisional Matches in Ranked 721 5.38%
9) Duo Queue Prevalence in Ranked 418 3.12%
10) Level Disparities 645 4.81%
11) Team Margin of Victory 1,639 12.23%
Voters: 13402. You may not vote on this poll

After Hours with Matchmaking and Lyte

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-02-2012
2 of 362 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawhatxx View Post
man you should work on them all but I have to say the free champs in ranked and number 8 when a player gets higher elo by luck but really sucks. sick of these people who win like 7 games and have a 1400 elo and brag like they so good
This poll does not mean we will only work on the winning selection. The poll is just for us to gauge what is important to our players.

Krebstar

04-02-2012

1) If a player doesn't take action in champ select, the default should be to kick that player from queue. Additionally, the other players should receive a prompt to requeue so there's less of a risk of someone thinking they're in game, leaving while they think the game loads, then returning only to find they missed the new game's champ select. **Should never have been a problem in the first place, shouldn't even be on this list**

10) This shouldn't be here either - just match non-30s to others near their level (same rune tier maybe).

7) Randoming shouldn't be in the game period. If people want to "random" they can close their eyes and point at the screen, but they shouldn't be encouraged to neglect team composition with a random feature.

4) Along with 2) and 9)... Could there just be a true solo queue? Duo-queueing just feels like an exploit to get a leg up on true solo-queuers and probably adds noise to ELO. Past that, team compositions should be similar - 4-man premades should play against 4s, 2+3 against 2+3, etc. **Highest priority**

3 sorta) More metrics should be taken into account for matchmaking. First priority: ELO. Second: games won. Normal ELO might also be a useful tool for placing in ranked provisional matches. **Second priority**

11) A loss is a loss, and this would just reward teams who stall. **Bad idea**

EDIT: Fine, got rid of the reason I'm sure I got a downvote. The rest of the post is solid though.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

To be honest, they're all quite important...

My biggest issue is champion-select trolls and the complete inability to do anything about them besides losing the 10 ELO(in which case, troll wins and proceeds to troll again in the next immediate queue).

Champion select AFK is the closest thing I can think of that fits....although I do have a bit of beef with Free Week champions in champion select as well...

*Ginga's naive train of thought*

Complain about Free Week Champions in ranked -> Riot removes Free Weeks from ranked -> Players complain about lack of roles they can play due to lack of champions -> Players complain about champions being too expensive to buy for each role -> Riot reduces price of many 6300+4800 IP champions...

Whelp I know which one I'm voting for...since my biggest beef isn't in the choices I can vote for...but seriously, it's a close competition between #1 and #6.

edit: a lot of downvotes for those who aren't voting for the issue people think are more important I see...

Mechwarrior5

04-02-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1652246

Why isn't this in the poll?

Also are there any updates on it like you said there would be?

Balfire

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyw4life View Post
1) I'm more concerned with the fact that afks aren't auto-kicked than the requeue issue. If your turn passes and you took no action it should automatically boot you - not random you.

2) This is already abusable enough by smurfs. If people want to duo with a lowbie friend the high elo player should know the risks and not get a free pass to dominate the entire enemy team. Please don't drastically change this.

3) I don't see as a problem. If it really is, you could try to drag normal elo with ranked elo somehow.

4) Would be an improvement.

5) PMA, communicating with your team in CS, highest elo gets preference of champ/lane if reasonable, etc. Basically courtesy stuff.

6) Definitely remove these. Not only does it create bad situations where people play champs they never used, but it also lowers the threshhold for players to enter ranked. If you don't own 16 champs then ranked still probably isn't where you should be.

7) See #1.

8) This is a major major issue IMO. Why do your first few games weigh 4x as heavily as your future games? It makes no sense. I understand getting to "your true elo" more quickly, but if you honestly cut the elo gain/loss to half of what it is now and simply prolonged the number of games it lasted, that would be a far far better solution than what is currently happening.

9) Could be bad for higher elo players late at night when fewer people play.

10) I definitely think players who aren't 21 yet for the final mastery in a given tree should never be paired against 30s unless they queue together.

11) The only way to measure team play is objectives won. The rest is teamfighting -> which leads to KDA -> which is really individual stats. I'm not sure this issue needs to be addressed. I'd be more concerned with losing the same 13 elo when we have a 3v5 from 2 afks vs a hard fought real game.
This. All this. Especially 1. I'm more concerned that it doesn't boot them at all and I end up in a 3v5 or 4v5 from the start or am forced to dodge.

GemiKinght

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This poll does not mean we will only work on the winning selection. The poll is just for us to gauge what is important to our players.
Thank you for your hard work Lyte. You spent weeks reading our reports and screen shots

LordJerichoSwain

04-02-2012

id rather loose less elo when the game is over at 20 min cause our team had a leaver/somebody who feeds, and I don't mean like 5 kills by 10 min...

I mean like 15 kills by 10 min...

thats how i lost 1300 elo..

ALSO

What the **** is going to happen to "LAST PICK SUPPORT" bull**** that happens?

ITS STUPID and annoying, i get last pick and I will openly admit it, I suck at support, i hate support, i hate playing ad carries, rather play ezreal as ap cause thats where hes more fun... bottom lane isn't my thing and i get stuck with it meanwhile i watch somebody solo top (the entire reason i was able to climb elo is cause im a VERY strong solo top player at this elo) fail miserably and 99% of the time they're the ones that say "SOLO TOP WUKONG OR FEED" kinda bull****.

I give up on ranked. I went from 800 elo last season, to 1300 this season, then i got it up to 1350's, then it went down to 1.1k, then back up to 1.3k now its in 1.2k and its so stressful because i feel like i am intentionally paired with players who troll after i win 2-3 matches.

ElijahWyatt

04-02-2012

Quote:
Thats your first repsonse... after atleast 6 people posted good solutions to the problems in the first 4 pages-_- where is this "discusion with lyte"?

kucing

04-02-2012

Quote:
The most important issue right now: how we deal with AFK-er, Leaver or DC-ed?

Because once a person disconnected or leave, the fate of win or lose is sealed.

Vsin

04-02-2012

Quote:
Then why didn't you make it a multiple-choice poll instead of a pick-one poll? Those tend to be way more accurate. It's not like everyone believes that all of those are even problems - for example, with the Free Week in Ranked case I like having that because it lets people trade champions they wouldn't otherwise be able to.