Whoever goes bot is ALWAYS LAST PLACE in Dominion..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IDontWasteFood

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceN53 View Post
Is this a trend or what? 90% of my Dom games, the Bot person is always last place or close to last place.

One time I had to stay bot the whole game and grab the other teams tower (which I did), but I still ended up with 3/4 of the 4th place persons' score.

And then I finish the game and my teammates rage at me for "not doing anything".

How2fix?
You fix it by fixing your immature gamer mentality of MEMEMEMEMEME I AM SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! It's a team game, end of.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-31-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceN53 View Post
Is this a trend or what? 90% of my Dom games, the Bot person is always last place or close to last place.
so, an uneventful bot lane is one in which the creep line is more or less around the health relic and both players aren't getting many last hits. in those situations, your score will come from minion kills and health relics almost exclusively, and will end relatively low. it's just kind of what happens when bot lane is ignored and the person who went bot went there with the mentality of 'i just need to hold bot and let my team win top.'

if bot lane is pretty even and you're last hitting really well, you'll end up with a higher score off the bat and you should be stronger than at least some of your teammates that are fighting top (and therefore can switch). those games you'll end with a much higher relative score.

if you're crushing bot lane, you'll likely end up with a lower score overall unless you can also hold their bottom tower (and maybe get some kills while you're at it). the reason you end up with a lower score here is because you're starving yourself a bit (due to no safe farm). in fact, i generally dislike capping the enemy team's bot tower unless i'm intentionally trying to draw aggro--it's better to farm/deny than it is to push/cap, imo.

edit: i forgot to mention it, but as a rule of thumb the scoring system isn't a good measure of performance. others have mentioned it already, but i think i should reinforce the point. the more you play dominion, the more you forget about it.

Braggadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

It really depends on how you play bot. Lately I've been doing a 2 bot strategy after the first few minutes, spending most of the game defending and holding their bottom base. That works out to big scores sometimes, but yeah the score is messed up anyway.

SHOE788

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
edit: i forgot to mention it, but as a rule of thumb the scoring system isn't a good measure of performance. others have mentioned it already, but i think i should reinforce the point. the more you play dominion, the more you forget about it.
Can we just remove the scoring system entirely?

Sentient23

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
The score often isn't telling the whole story. Sadly, you've got some teammates that seem to think it does. Take the moral high ground, and just know that you were doing something that's thankless and important.
yes ive run into this issue quite often, some cases worse than others. ive mentioned it in another forum thread that was completely lost. but having dominion score the way it does changes the way that people play, so instead of playing to win they are playing to get a high score. you dont always end up with a gold #1 medal, and honestly i dont feel satisfied with a gold #1 medal. there is someone on the losing team that has a gold #1 medal too..... so it must not be that great of an achievement

it is honestly something that riot should work on because ive met so many people that play and shoot for that high score instead of taking the situation into account and playing for the win

inFe eD

03-31-2012

Quote:
Is there any way we can petition Riot to remove the scoring system? It only serves to encourage bad habits among the lower elos, since you basically get rewarded for playing poorly in many circumstances.

Rebonack

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Is there any way we can petition Riot to remove the scoring system? It only serves to encourage bad habits among the lower elos, since you basically get rewarded for playing poorly in many circumstances.
I feel compelled to second this.

Personal score only rarely gives a decent window into how much someone contributes to the team.

Ragnar Draconus

03-31-2012

Quote:
: i forgot to mention it, but as a rule of thumb the scoring system isn't a good measure of performance. others have mentioned it already, but i think i should reinforce the point. the more you play dominion, the more you forget about it.

Then why even have a scoring system at all? Serious question.

YoshioPeePee

03-31-2012

i've mained bot and i've always looked at bot as more of a supporty role anyway

it's more to force uneven fights at top than anything

steelblacksky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

meh, has it's place. just like kda. tactics in summoners that may lead to 20/0/x vs bots for example, may lead to 0/20/x in other skill brackets as well.

call it a mileage marker. huge score in dom and winning is a level of play on both teams. doesn't necessarily hold up in other levels of playskill.

nevertheless you have to start somewhere, and it does provide some reinforcement for the new to dom fellows that these other things that are new are worth some attention too. determining relative task value comes much later.