Allistar and farming.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

10-24-2009

I think allistar could use some slight tweaks to make him a little better at making money. Right now the problem is if you're not winning team fights, it's very hard to come back, because his ability to make gold is abysmal.

Every other tank in the game has a great farming ability:

Singed: Poison
Amumu: Tantrum, his dot thing
Chogath: The auto attack spike things
Mundo: Flame shield thing
Rammus: His ult
Sion: His shield blowup thing
Nasus: His aoe
Kayle: Aoe auto attack thing
Taric: His aura aoe
Nunu: Hmm, also doesn't really have one.
Blitzcrank: His ult both passive and active nets him a lot of creep kills.

So, it seems to me like riot went out of their way to make characters that don't stack attack still make money. Allister is the worst out of all of them at making money. He takes like 2 minutes to kill a lizard when he's built as a tank.

What I would suggest:

Change his passive (it's incredibly bad) to something like "monstrous strikes" which makes his attacks cleave, and every 4th one does double damage or something.

Nekron

The Council

10-24-2009

Great idea, lets make Alistars passive almost as good as Jax Ultimate!

Oh and his passive is actually not bad :/

Hand of Might

10-24-2009

I think the reason no one plays Allistar is that he has nothing to offer after mid-game. He becomes useless after around the 15 or 20 minute mark. Here is what he has to offer:

1. A headbutt that does negligible damage... Niche use, and a very long cooldown!
2. An AOE toss that is semi-good, but has negligible damage and again, has a very long cooldown.
3. A heal that is practically useless endgame due to the high damage output being tossed around everywhere.
4. And his ult, which makes him... Tank better for a while. Too bad he is good for nothing BUT absorbing damage. There are other tanks who can do the same thing and offer useful abilities to boot.

Allistar is a cool champ, but has nothing to distinguish him as useful. I think if his abilities were buffed a lot, he would see more play and be an actual help in team fights. I know his intended role is a pusher, but after mid-game, like I said, the amount of DPS in the game makes him useless.

My 2 cents.

Patyrn

10-24-2009

Quote:
Oh and his passive is actually not bad :/
The extra damage it gives is less than a ranged hero would get from one auto attack. And since allistar has to spend time to walk up and melee, ranged automatically get +1 autoattack on him.

Zeta

10-24-2009

Alistar's problem is the same thing Soraka had.

In the early stages of the game, the only tanks were really Alistar and one or two others. So Alistar was really good. Then he was heavily nerfed.

But then a bunch of other tanks are released that eclipse him, so now he's really bad.

Just like what happened with Soraka - she dominated as the only healer and was nerfed. But then Gemknight and Janna were released and Soraka had to be buffed to catch back up with them.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2009

I'm going to start playing him because nobody plays him, he looks awesome, and he'd be great at breaking AoE team.
Seriously, getting stuck in a buncha AoE is a guaranteed kill on your entire team. Being able to headbutt someone away can truly save your team's behind.
I still can't figure out if he's better off with AP or just straight physical dps though. But yeah, he really doesn't have much in term of farming ability.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-24-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

he's good at getting early assist kills. You can also go madred's razors early and this can help a lot.

Highborne

10-24-2009

Wait, did you just say that Rammus using his ult is a good idea?

Seriously?

Rammus is the worst creep killer in the game.

KillingGame

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
he's good at getting early assist kills. You can also go madred's razors early and this can help a lot.
I second this, also Smite is helpful, as well as getting a PStone.

With some attack speed I find you can last hit more reliably as well so Madreds + Recurve Bow is pretty good then you can make a Bloodrazor later. Or Madreds + Stinger/Nashors into an AP build.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2009

So I'm the only one who pushes for Tiamat for farming? Guess I'm doing it wrong then.