Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

I just want to say im Surprised that you are not only an amazing player (extremely likely current best player) , but really want to improve the community and made an extremely good guide.

Just, kudos to you.

I still wonder what keep you going. Since I guess lack of riot support + lack of opposite/competition/challenge should be putting a dent on your will to keep investing so much time on dominion.

Sauron

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
I just want to say im Surprised that you are not only an amazing player (extremely likely current best player) , but really want to improve the community and made an extremely good guide.

Just, kudos to you.

I still wonder what keep you going. Since I guess lack of riot support + lack of opposite/competition/challenge should be putting a dent on your will to keep investing so much time on dominion.
I tried the other game modes, but... yeah. I don't remember how to jungle on either map and I never liked the 0 cs support meta one bit. I was always a designated top/mid laner in my old SR/TT premades who are no longer around.

I've been doing partial premades for Dominion a lot lately because its been lowering my queue times to about 30 minutes instead of over an hour. We've also been testing some new strategies, including inviting POOTERSS and strategizing around what he naturally does, just to see if its really a legit thing to do or not (It seems to be so far).

inFe eD

03-30-2012

Wait, that game where pooters was on your team last night, he was actually part of your arranged team? Dear lord, I can't even begin to think of how to deal with you and him on the same team.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

03-30-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

This is a sweet guide, dude. Thanks for putting this together.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
We need more reds playing Dominion! I would love to see more Dominion action from Riot staff members so they realize what kind of meta exists out there.

Phourc

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
You're sticking around, Montag? Glad to have you with us! ^^

Thorthedark

03-30-2012

I've been playing Dominion almost exclusively for the past few months and I love this guide. I believe it should be required reading for some people. Very helpful and very true. People tend to treat the Scar like SR and that shouldn't be the case. I dont know if it's because they can't make the transition or because they don't care. I know quite a few that don't care because they say Riot doesn't care about Dom, that's why they haven't made it ranked and hide the elo.

I just tell them to wait.

RIOT, sticky this man's post to the top of the Dominion forums. Would help the playerbase that needs the knowledge and help the rest of us ease our stress level knowing people understand a bit more.

twickykid

03-30-2012

Just want to point out the importance of bullet #3.

Sarcasm and satire is usually met with aggression. Asking nicely or pointing out a plan gets a much different reaction from people.

There will always be those "its only dominion" or "try harder" comments. Nothing you can do about it because that is a sad person. Don't let them bring you down to their levels.

The LORD saves

03-30-2012

What keeps him going is that he's distributing these rings to all the strongest people in the realms, apparently as tokens of his good will.

Some day, they will corrupt everyone, and the King of Men will steal their power and reveal himself as the hand of Melkor.

Sauron

03-30-2012

I was interviewed by a Riot analyst on Dominion stuff earlier today, can't say who it was, but its definitely on their radar now. They mostly just wanted opinions on balance issues with Dominion.

So take heart! Riot does have things planned for us.

(Btw I told them to nerf POOTERSS and buff Sauron)