Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Are dual penetration marks really useful for anyone on dominion ?
Can't imagine any instances where they're more useful than single penetration.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
sigh, ive bought 5 of them runes for no reason. Q.Q i hate sauron

Vsin

03-28-2012

To be fair, Dual Pen runes are less useful than anything in 99% of situations.

Orphane

03-28-2012

Unless it's sexy time

I know you were all thinking it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
To be fair, Dual Pen runes are less useful than anything in 99% of situations.
ah well. might as well finish the set of 9. lol.

i figured dual pen would at least be good on like Kog/Kayle/Akali/Mundo >.<

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-28-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
The most important thing to remember about playing in high-level Scar games is that you always cast your offensive Summoner Spells on Sauron.

Always.
but what about when he has cleanse?

@sauron: wonderful guide!

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-28-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
ad ezreal and (standard) miss fortune like them for their ults--ezreal more so since he'll more likely try to use it as an execution ability.
if i know i'm going to get last whisper early i'll sometimes use d.pen runes and pick up sorc shoes to go along with them. sometimes.

Sauron

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ad ezreal and (standard) miss fortune like them for their ults--ezreal more so since he'll more likely try to use it as an execution ability.
if i know i'm going to get last whisper early i'll sometimes use d.pen runes and pick up sorc shoes to go along with them. sometimes.
Interesting, whenever I use Ezreal's ult, it is just as a team fight starts so I have full stacks of the passive without having to burn my W -- get to save that in case a tanky derps decides to focus me. Of course, I'll W right away and then save the R if we have lots of autoattackers; but we usually don't. In both situations, I'd choose to go straight ArPen over dual because penetration becomes exponentially more effective the more you have of it right up until it reaches the target's current armor, and you're having to fight against natural armor gains per level.

Ezreal's ult will often appear invisible to enemies when fired at them from across the map, so its not like using as an execution or cap-stopper is bad. I've actually seen AP Ezreal do well the few times I've seen him played on Dom, but AP Ez players are simply very rare to come by.

TakinTheHeat

03-28-2012

It'd be nice if Ez's Q did magic damage if you were getting mainly ap or physical if you were getting mainly ad. That's the only reason I don't like ap ez, but it'd be weird with lichbane supposed to be physical.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-28-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
I'd choose to go straight ArPen over dual because penetration becomes exponentially more effective the more you have of it right up until it reaches the target's current armor, and you're having to fight against natural armor gains per level.
last whisper slightly devalues the effectiveness of flat armor penetration, and picking up sorc shoes slightly increases the effectiveness of the m.pen you get from d.pen runes. both of those combined can make d.pen runes worth picking up (over going pure a.pen) if you know the opposing team will likely stack armor and ignore magic resist. depending on the champ, of course.

that's why i mentioned in my post that i'd sometimes run them if i'm getting last whisper early and also getting sorc shoes. it's something i'd do in a team comp that is heavily physical in terms of damage output.

unrelated, when i play ezreal in a dominion game, 9/10 times it's going to be ap ezreal. effectiveness aside, he's just way more fun that way (in my opinion). turns out that it can work out really well, too.