A Tribunal Question for Pendragon.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtlaStar

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
The meaning of what I quoted doesn't change in context. That's why I did it. If the meaning would have changed, I would have included whatever was necessary to keep the meaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlaStar View Post
Racism is discrimination based on race...and the definition of discrimination is as such

"treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination."

- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discrimination

so thinking your better because you are white is racism

thinking that you can dance better because you are black is racism...racism isn't always negative towards a specific race, but that still doesn't make it something that should exist considering everything should be based on a persons merit, not color of their skin
racism doesn't always make negative statements towards anothers race...sometimes it is someone inflating their own race...that isn't the same thing as saying racism isn't always negative...so yeah you skewed the context hard

Dulzara

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Integrity isn't lying to people based on a lack of evidence. Nor is it admitting you were wrong when you can't prove things.

That's called dirty politics, something no one should support. Especially if the only reason they were caught is because they were called on their lies and lack of evidence.

I also want to reiterate, if anyone else just did what Pendragon did, they would me immediately and swiftly permabanned. Always hold the head-honcho to community standards. They aren't above them, they are the example we should be following.
You really need to calm down now. Pendragon does not personally ban every case, nor does he personally oversee every case. (Or if he does, he's some kind of machine.) Someone in Riot banned Kitsune for "racism" when the claim was incorrect. Pendragon located the information, which was inaccurate NOT because of him, and stated simply what was true and factual to HIS knowledge.

He then, out of his work schedule, decided to go and verify, which he could have ignored, and found someone messed up and banned him under racism tags, AND apologized for it.

Calm down, your friend isn't a racist, nor would they be a racist for saying a racial slur once or twice in a state of rage. (Which he did not, this is merely me stating I wouldn't have considered your friend a terrible monster for one or two foul statements, we're all human with mistakes.)

ViperVentedos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKill View Post
I'm assuming pendragon trusted that people report using the appropriate tags, especially when they get banned for them. Only after this stupid thread got blown out of proportion did he recheck other people's work; don't blame pendragon, the OP obviously abused people enough to get banned.
dont blame pendragon? So because he didnt properly check the file logs and blatantly called someone a racist he its not his fault? I fail to see the logic here, if your going to all out someone on a negative matter make sure, absolutely sure that you have the evidence to back it up. Yes Pendragon made a mistake and he rectified it but a mistake that could have been easily avoided if he just brought up the paperwork and verified correctly.

eatthatmeatball

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
If you accept those as racist, then you have to accept that racism isn't necessarily a bad thing. The first two traits are completely positive things for those groups of people. The third is neutral and the fourth is positive.
It doesn't matter if those are "positive" traits, they are still racist.

Imagine a scenario where a kid turns around in school to the Asian student and says "I bet you're really good at Math, aren't you?" Sounds kinda racist, doesn't it?
Personally, I've seen someone say to an Asian student who failed a Math test, "Ummm, are you SURE you're Asian?"

Same thing with someone who's black and isn't good at basketball. Hell, I've even seen gay people who don't dress well be told "You're the worst gay guy ever."

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

03-26-2012
14 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
- Include Chat from Champion Select & Victory/Defeat Screen
It's on the todo list- it's a large amount of work due to the chat logs being on completely different sets of technology infrastructure

Quote:
- Say how many are teamed up together before the game's start (basically to inform the other players reading that these premades could be intentionally reporting someone for one reason or another when they don't deserve it).
Also on the todo list

Damoklese

03-26-2012

interesting thread. Shows how much perception can color our interactions with others.

I fear that some day I may end up in the tribunal just because of my accruing reports over a long time period. In general I am a a nice guy who doesnt rage, though I have a bad habit of telling people when im reporting them, just because I want them to know they are doing something wrong and they need to stop.

I fear though that this may get me some "counter reports" as revenge.

I also have been in a slump lately...and ive only posted a positive KDA like twice in my last 20 or so matches. I imagine that has probably netted me a report or two.

Overall I just hate not knowing if im on the verge of a suspension or if im just being paranoid. It would be nice if there was some feature in the game that let you know just where you stand, in regards to the tribunal. Perhaps knowing how close you are to being judged would give people the motivation to clean up their act.

Alternatively...it may also give people who would normally mind their manners an excuse to be total jerks, since they would know they arent close to being judged yet.

WHERES DA TEAM

03-26-2012

I doubt it'll be answered, but:

Why aren't IP bans handed out more? I can think of at least one person who posts on the forums daily about how they're going to troll every match because they can, and they have been banned at least 20 times. Why aren't they simply IP banned at this point? Is there more technical things about that that I do not understand, or what?

Obviously, the Tribunal has failed this person, and they should not be allowed to play anymore.

Gekiha

03-26-2012

Hey Pen...how many times have i been reported?

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by illundreal View Post
Everyone who uses the tribunal... thats the point of people going through the cases.
And you honestly believe that the judges going through the cases honestly reviews them?

Give me a break.

If someone filters a phony report, it wouldn't end up in the tribunal in the first place.

GodEmperorLetoII

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
It's on the todo list- it's a large amount of work due to the chat logs being on completely different sets of technology infrastructure

Also on the todo list
I'm a happy camper thanks for quick response, Pen!