Post here if you've stopped playing Dominion since Jabebot was killed

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shane o noke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

I don't play near as much.

baloons

03-25-2012

<sarcasm>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloon Sale View Post
Couldn't agree more, bro. Riot should re-enable Jabebot so we can dodge when noobz join our games.

As a member of the Champion Selection Police, I also think we have the right to troll and lose on purpose when someone picks a champion other than one I demand.

Also, as a member of the Build Police, I fight for the right to quit immediately when someone buys items in a different way than I want.

Preach on bro! Fight the power! RIOT must be stopped!
</sarcasm>

There, fixed that for you

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
What's fun about waiting 5 minutes to play without some sort of reward?
This is an interesting question. It brings about many more. Is some arbitrary number a proper reward? Are games actually rewarding? Should they be rewarding? Why? Can games be fun without some sort of reward?

Try this. Instead of playing a 20 min Dominion match, go run outside for 20 mins and look at the distance you just ran. That number is your reward. See how many marshmellos you can have in your mouth at once, how fast you can say the ABC's backwards, or how many balls you can juggle. All numbers, all rewards apparently.

Laurix

03-25-2012

I play, but not nearly as much.

I set goals for myself with Jabebot.

When I was new to Dominion, my goal was 1600, then eventually 1800, then 2000, then 2200.

Unfortunately, I never got to break 2200, but I got like 2-3 wins away from it, then had a rough losing streak back down in the 2050-2100 area. Then Riot hid the Dominion ELO so that was pretty much that.

urmamasllama

03-25-2012

though the two are slightly unrelated i have not played since he was disabled even though i bought lulu

i guess it was kind of unintentional ive been stuck in minecraft... again...

EinzigerAI

03-25-2012

I've all but stopped playing dom, hell I've played more SR in the last three days than I had in the last 3 months.

Mostly just playing torchlight waiting for d3.

MMKH

03-25-2012

I've stopped playing Dominion... with the intent to tryhard every single game lol.

Makestro

03-25-2012

I barely play dominion, I'll log on get my first win of the day and that is about it. It wasn't the removal of Jabebot that lead to this, it was the fact after the removal we wont get anything to replace the competitive scene it created. I like dom but not enough to get queued with bad players almost every game I play to the point I have to try hard as **** just to solely win games. I dunno how many times I literally carried games by myself on bottom, and even after the match I get told I was the sole reason for the win.

Ascleph

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
That was back long ago, I have since changed. And it happens to both teams eventually, no matter how much you want to deny it. So it works out evenly.
Of course it'll happen to everyone eventually, but that doesnt make a game even. Theres nothing fun about those games when you happen to be in the team that got screwed up and winning another game when the other team gets screwed up is not fun either, its a problem for both sides.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, bro. Riot should re-enable Jabebot so we can dodge when noobz join our games.

As a member of the Champion Selection Police, I also think we have the right to troll and lose on purpose when someone picks a champion other than one I demand.

Also, as a member of the Build Police, I fight for the right to quit immediately when someone buys items in a different way than I want.

Preach on bro! Fight the power! RIOT must be stopped!
You assume that those "noobs" have a blast when they happen to get into one of those games, when most of the times they'll either get raged at or they'll be doing the raging because people are not standing in the points at all time and are "jungling". This is a problem for everyone involved that actually wants to have fun in a game.

Also, I never said I lose on purpose, good reading comprehension there brosephalus

Get Some 101

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Of course it'll happen to everyone eventually, but that doesnt make a game even. Theres nothing fun about those games when you happen to be in the team that got screwed up and winning another game when the other team gets screwed up is not fun either, its a problem for both sides.

You assume that those "noobs" have a blast when they happen to get into one of those games, when most of the times they'll either get raged at or they'll be doing the raging because people are not standing in the points at all time and are "jungling". This is a problem for everyone involved that actually wants to have fun in a game.

Also, I never said I lose on purpose, good reading comprehension there brosephalus
He was being sarcastic and making fun of the people who take this game too seriously and think they are the omnipotent god of dominion...apparently you're one of them haha, or you don't understand saracasm.

1234567 ... 12