LoL has the BEST game sounds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnowBrainer

03-25-2012

The attacks, the explosions, everything is just so crisp and satisfying. I don't know where to go to give people a pat on the back, but whoever is in charge of the audio is running a good show. Keep up the amazing work!

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

03-25-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey KnowBrainer,

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate the kind words!

Kusanagi

03-25-2012

"Guinnsooo"

BRAVEYpl0x

03-25-2012

They are not just crisp and satisfying, but distinguishable. Unlike every other multiplayer game I have played, in a full out LoL teamfight, I can tell exactly what is going on, not just because of the excellent and distinct particles and silhouettes, but because of the way the visuals jive with clear and intuitive sounds.

Conveyance *****es... the rest of the gaming industry could learn a thing or three from Riot.

Thaiya

03-25-2012

Don't forget about Lux's laugh.

HieronymusVox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

As a sound designer with a decade's experience, LoL's audio definitely is pretty great.

FlyingBananaz

03-25-2012

Yep, great sounds that help make some signature moves. Like landing a great Morgana bind and hearing the nice sound effect when it connects makes it that much more satisfying. Also, after the Tryn rework, his sword really feel heavy and this makes his attack animation really fun to use.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Any plans on having more involved voice acting ala DotA2?

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here or just to be making mischief for the sake of mischief, but LoL doesn't even begin to measure up to DotA2's hero dialogue....for example, a single DotA2 hero has about as much audio as 5+ LoL champs (some heroes have 15 minutes of dialogue/responses). If that's one thing LoL is a bit lacking on is that the champs don't really feel like they're there to interact with each other...and more just there doing actions X, Y, and Z.

asl pls thx

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Any plans on having more involved voice acting ala DotA2?

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here or just to be making mischief for the sake of mischief, but LoL doesn't even begin to measure up to DotA2's hero dialogue....for example, a single DotA2 hero has about as much audio as 5+ LoL champs (some heroes have 15 minutes of dialogue/responses). If that's one thing LoL is a bit lacking on is that the champs don't really feel like they're there to interact with each other...and more just there doing actions X, Y, and Z.
I was recently thinking this.

No offense to Riot, but Dota 2's sounds/dialog are far superior (though understandable, Valve vs Riot is a big difference as far as production quality is concerned). I actually enjoy playing LoL more than Dota 2, but Dota 2 has a WAY better "cool" factor. I don't really think LoL is "cool" I just think it's fun.

But back to point, when other hero's actually interact with the enemy hero's after being slain etc. that's AWESOME. It would be bring so much to LoL if it had that.

Lightyears

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslpls View Post
I was recently thinking this.

No offense to Riot, but Dota 2's sounds/dialog are far superior (though understandable, Valve vs Riot is a big difference as far as production quality is concerned). I actually enjoy playing LoL more than Dota 2, but Dota 2 has a WAY better "cool" factor. I don't really think LoL is "cool" I just think it's fun.

But back to point, when other hero's actually interact with the enemy hero's after being slain etc. that's AWESOME. It would be bring so much to LoL if it had that.

It's not exactly hard to steal all of Guinsoo's/Blizzard's work from the original and then add character interactions from TF2...