League of Legends on Windows 8

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digressed

03-21-2012

Hello, I was not sure what topic this goes under but I have a few things to bring up for the upcoming windows.

I installed windows 8 last week after having a few problems with windows 7 and well. I think windows 8 is awesome and LoL works great on it right now. Only a few things I see a problem with.

1: Compact Window...
For some reason a "Compact Window" Shows up on the task bar, when you start LoL and if you force close that window it messes with the game by changing numbers in LoL like stats into boxes.

Also a second "Compact Window" Shows up after you complete a game and makes your whole screen black. But you can just alt tab and force close that window. It does not affect the game. No idea what it is.

2: Sometimes even with all the firewalls and stuff off it does not let you see stats.

These are the only problems I have seen so far. All of this could have changed when its release on cd and on new computers because over 100,000 changes have taken place with the new windows 8 since the public preview.

Hope this helps a few people with questions on weather or not they wanted to try it or not.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

03-21-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi Digressed,

Thanks for the information! For future reference a better place to post this information is in the "Bug Report" forum. However, I'll definitely keep a lookout for this when we start to address Windows 8 compat issues directly.

You might also consider reporting the software incompatibility on the Windows 8 boards.

Digressed

03-21-2012

Sorry about that. Also I will do that.

IISkitzo

03-21-2012

I played league on windows 8 for like a week before going back to windows 7 (somehow i broke the metro apps and didnt feeling reinstalling the OS) and i didnt get anything different from normal. but here's some suggestions.

1) maybe its a video driver issue? some other games had some wonky graphics til i updated my drivers and it helped (with the occasional bump). something about it switching screens may be screwing with your video card.

2) that's just windows firewall being...well... windows firewall. it's okay for most cases but for control, comodo firewall is my favorite. i tested it in windows 8 and it seems to work fine. totally free too. try disabling your firewall or replacing it with a third party one, should fix your issue.

Digressed

03-21-2012

Well my video card was updated and my firewall was off. So it may be different for each person depending on the type of hardware they are using.

BudaKron

07-13-2012

I had Problems with Metro popping up over LOL to fix it I went to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config opened the file game.cfg with notepad.exe changed the BorderlessWindow= value from 0 to 1 Now I don't have problems with windows 8 metro while playing LOL

chaosxkiwi

10-01-2012

I have a problem where proportions are wrong and text is blurry but was absolutely fine the day before don't know whats changed

XxBobartxX

11-22-2012

Well i can't play on a windows 8. i just got this computer a day ago and whenever im in the loading screen, it just says BUG SPLAT . And i called text support and they said that windows 8 is not compatible for League of Legends . can someone please tell me if this is true?

Keanu Leaves

11-22-2012

Yeah, Win 8 has some problems with the LoL Client. Don't know if its specifically with the client or with Adobe air, but the client will straight up not respond and it will force a dodge zzzzz

BeansorDeath

02-06-2013

@riot post

i have immense trouble with this game and i run win8. i bought a factory Dell computer(i didnt buy all the parts separately). I cannot figure out how to update this correctly. I always get error oxc1e90006 during loading. Neither of the stated reasons are correct(I have 870gb free out of 1tb total, and i run 20mb/s dl with 2mb/s upload). I have reinstalled and downloaded the game multiple times. The update always freezes on certain patches and %'s. Usually it is Dariusexecute.luaobj and urgotpg.(idk what the end is), and UrAniumRound****.luaobj. After sitting on these at 99 or 33% for anywhere from 10min -4hrs, it gives me error box. I have tried moving files, deleting folders, and reinstalling. I cannot find any legit support for this issue and still have no reply for support on the LoL official support page. I tried posting a different bug(screen closing after every game) in the win8 bug report, but the only help i got was a member help, and what he suggested didn't work. Please help with this if you or any other members of the community have any knowledge.

Sincerely,

KillerBeans/BeansorDeath