Best rune set?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fbsunny

12-30-2009

The reason people really like Crit damage runes is that there is only two items in game that give it to you.
Once you get infinity edge you are basically done getting crit damage, while it is much easier to stack a bunch of crit chance.

I generally play gangplank, and with stacking crit chance in my items and crit damage runes and infinity edge, i can easily get over 1k parrley crits with 90% crit chance. (my only damage item being infinity edge).

Nieco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

hmmm... If im gonna use tristina what would be the best rune set for her?~

thebigrico

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by volune View Post
why would you want scaling runes?

by the time you are level 18, the effects of your runes are pretty small. vastly outweighed by the items you are carrying.

on the other hand, at level 1 you have no items. the non-scaling runes offer a huge advantage to low level stats. from what i can tell, the best strategy would be to rely on the non-scaling runes for early game stats, and items for late game stats.
its simple really in alot of cases, if u look and do the maths, ur scaling runes will over take flat runes by level 4, so for 95% of the game scaling runes are more useful, flat ones are only useful with the first one or two skirmishes at the start. However many runes are different, for example i take flat hp quints because the per level ones give you 48.5 or so and flat give u roughly 32, so flat is good in this case because scaling wont be better until mid-late game.

best to do some maths and compare scaling with flat before buying them

Altámbo

08-22-2010

LOL...Nieco was having problems with runes xD...NOOB

Ziddletwix

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Rico View Post
its simple really in alot of cases, if u look and do the maths, ur scaling runes will over take flat runes by level 4, so for 95% of the game scaling runes are more useful, flat ones are only useful with the first one or two skirmishes at the start. However many runes are different, for example i take flat hp quints because the per level ones give you 48.5 or so and flat give u roughly 32, so flat is good in this case because scaling wont be better until mid-late game.

best to do some maths and compare scaling with flat before buying them
Another good example is cd. Cd runes overtake flat ones at some point. However, when they overtake them, that % of CD reduction is still useful. but look at say like a health one. That bonus health is only signifigant (ther +30 or whatever) earlygame anyway. +30 at level 1 is MUCH better than +50 at level 18. So it depends on what stat, and whether it's a percentage increase, as to whether flats or scalings are better

Unicorns of Love

12-26-2010

full flat ad youll never miss last hits so u can buy other items

Carados

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziddletwix View Post
Another good example is cd. Cd runes overtake flat ones at some point. However, when they overtake them, that % of CD reduction is still useful. but look at say like a health one. That bonus health is only signifigant (ther +30 or whatever) earlygame anyway. +30 at level 1 is MUCH better than +50 at level 18. So it depends on what stat, and whether it's a percentage increase, as to whether flats or scalings are better
You bumped this year old thread but I have to say scaling CDR are worthless and telling people to purchase them is just actively malicious.

knighthawlk

02-07-2011

what would be best runes to give jax over all top dps

Zyb

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by volune View Post
why would you want scaling runes?

by the time you are level 18, the effects of your runes are pretty small. vastly outweighed by the items you are carrying.

on the other hand, at level 1 you have no items. the non-scaling runes offer a huge advantage to low level stats. from what i can tell, the best strategy would be to rely on the non-scaling runes for early game stats, and items for late game stats.
I'll have to /disagree due to the fact that 40+ MR end game DOES make a difference.

xMURKY

05-23-2011

non scaling runes > scaling runes, but thats just me