The Lord of Great win/loss A Tryndamere Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmare2450

07-31-2010

You must realize that Tryndamere is already at a huge disadvantage going into any high elo game, because of the way the game is right now.

1. Now that there is a banning system I thought that it would only help Tryndamere, but how was I wrong. In any high elo games if they see a Tryn. the other team if smart will grab at least 1-2 exhaust. Now that they cant be cleansed by the summoner ability (but still can be cleansed by quick silver sash) you must get Quick silver sash. Now you say well that is not to bad right. Adding A additional 1440 gold to his build and taking 1 slot that you really need, it actually hurts him more then you will ever imagine
  2. The new flavor of the patch/patches is kite/heal, Aoe/kite, and push/heal. Considering that all these teams have some sort of cc only adds to Tryn. pain. Here is the deal to realize with Tryndamere in high elo, no one plays melee carries because you play the all in high risk game going into every team fight. Why play Tryndamere with no real CC when you can have ashe, tristan, azreal, and/or Nidalee. All these champs can attack tanks/anyone in range with no repercussions, because they are ranged. If they attack a tank(lets just say for stuff and giggles) the tank takes damage and they stay out of range. If Tryndamere attacks a tank then the ranged focus him and Tryndamere gets cc by tank/mid range champs. . . . . . hhhhmmmm why would you play Tryndamere again. oh well lets move on
  3. Lastly, you really need a good team comp. with lots of cc/other high priority targets. Now what does that mean you say, well let me explain. Tryndamere is by far one of the most scariest carries in the game(if he gets close to you, you do not have any escape summoner abilities or they are on cool down, and/or if he is fed mid game). The thing is, most of the time, he gets focused/cc the hardest in team fights. So you need another high priority target to either split the dps/cc or to kill the other team while you take it for the team. Initiation helps alot,but with summoner abilities around you can still make one/two mistakes and get out with them, and worst come to worst just exhaust him.=)
O.K now with that out of the way time for the acutal Guide

Abilites

Bloodlust (14/13/12/11/10 seconds)
Passive: Whenever Tryndamere kills a unit or critically strikes, he gains 4 Attack Damage and 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5% increased critical strike damage for 15 seconds (stackable 8 times). Killing a unit or critically striking while not bloodlusted applies 2 stacks instead of 1.
Active: Tryndamere consumes his Bloodlusts, restoring 10/20/30/40/50 health(+0 ability power) per bloodlust.
Mocking Shout (14 seconds)
Decreases surrounding champions' physical damage by 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100, and enemies with their backs turned also have their movement speed slowed by 30/37.5/45/52.5/60%.
Lasts 4 seconds.
Spinning Slash (9 seconds)
Tryndamere spins through his enemies, dealing 40/90/140/185/240 + 50%(+58.5 attack damage) of Tryndamere's Attack Damage to enemies in his path. Spinning Slash�s Cooldown is now reduced by 2 seconds whenever Tryndamere critically strikes.
Undying Rage (110/100/90 seconds)
Tryndamere becomes completely immune to death for 6 seconds, refusing to be reduced below 1 health. His abilities have no cost during this time and he gains 4/6/8 Bloodlust stacks. If Tryndamere is below 5% health when Undying Rage ends, it will heal him to 5%

"Thank LeaugeCraft for above" = )

Rune.
Reds: All crit chance
Yellows: dodge
Blues: Flat cooldowns
THE BIG ones: 1 heal, 2 crit

Masteries:
21/9/0
make sure to get the dodge speed boost in def/ extra magic resist. You will need it

Summoner abilities:
Cleanse
Ghost
ignite- I don't like to run this, because ghost is great in team fights where ignite doesn't bring enough end game for a non burst character.

Ability order:
  1. Blood lust
  2. Spinning slash
  3. Blood lust
  4. Mocking shout
  5. Blood lust
  6. GOD mode
  7. Blood lust
  8. spinning slash
  9. Blood lust
  10. Spinning slash
  11. GOD mode
  12. Spinning slash
  13. Spinning slash
  14. Mocking shout
  15. Mocking shout
  16. GOD mode
  17. Mocking shout
  18. Mocking shout

Items:
Now this is the most controversial thing about Tryndamere. When I play Tryn I always go mid and must get first blood, it is essential. Tryndamere is only good in a side lane if he has a baby sitter/great harasser who is not going to get any creeps/get you kills and give them to you,but in high elo it is hard to do this.
  1. Brawlers gloves 2 health pot - farm plz
  2. BF sword/ boots=2200 gold - go gank NOW
  3. upgrade boots/get infinity/upgrade to exec calling or aver blade - should be 20 mins at the latest
  4. vamp specter
  5. Last whisper- 25 min at this point you need to be running agility pot at all times for 100% crit chance at 1 hp
  6. GA / quicksilver sash - depends on if they are running exhaust
  7. finish blood thirster - now tanks are just life to be had at this point
  8. last you should get ghost blade - for cd, armor pen, and a run speed boost

so end game it should look like

1. ghostblade/exec calling
  2. boots 2
  3. infinity
  4. last whisper
  5. GA/Quicksilver
  6. Blood thrister
This will cap out damage around 1000 crits against squishy and 500 to tanks. 1.5 attack speed, 1.7 with green bot The thing that is bad now is the fact you have to go Quick silver sash to counter exhaust, SO no GA. . ouch that one spot makes a world of difference.

Explanation for this build:

At level one you have 22% crit chance nice dodge and 2 pots, and starting with bloodlust makes it so you can farm. You want to take a very defensive stance when in mid, just farm and get to 6. At six though you need to go balls deep in who ever is mid. At 6 you need to start to harass and try and kill them. Now you ask me again how do you do this against some characters. The answer only lies in your skill and knowing your limitations. I also like to pray to the crit gods, it really helps! =) At 1 hp you have a 77% chance to crit for around 250. So your job is to get them to blow there escape summoner ability and get low enough to spin in and blow ult and crit them to death. Also ghost helps when chasing them after they blow there escape summoner ability. worst come to worse if they blow there escape you can now farm safely and also kill them if they get over zealous. Most of the time you can just farm up your 2200 to go back to get your bf sword and boots. At this point you crit for about 350ish and it is time to set up ganks for you. You want to gank the lanes that dont have good escapes or the lanes you have good cc in. Also you have boots where most lanes havent gone back to buy there boots yet. . this = win. Also get red buff when you can before ganking it really helps with chase and damage. Now it is 20 mins and you need to of farmed up infinity by now or you are useless. With that item you are hitting for about 550 ish, so now it is team fight time. At this point it comes down to team comp. nothing more. If you are half way decent you know you need to get to the back lines to get to squishies, but how you go about that depends on team comp. (yours and your opponents). Always come in second or as last as possible when playing this build.

In Short

Strengths:
  • Able to go mid
  • very strong mid game
  • good gank potential mid game
  • will have 100% crit chance at 1 hp with these items
  • Very hard carry
  • Lots of damage (1000 hits on squishy)

Weakness:
  • Able to be countered easily if seen
  • extremely team reliant
  • can't cleanse exhaust without Quick silver sash
  • if you die mid it is an up hill battle the rest of the game
  • as always needs lots of money to get anything done with tryn
  • glass cannon FTW . . . or Loss
  • either quick silver or GA . . . either way you lost if you have to choose

I love this character, and I have played him from beta till now. I wish he wasn't so easily countered and/or i wish the game was a little more balanced so I could play him without getting owned by an ability that any person can have before they go into game. It sucks to lose the last team fight in a game by a summoner ability only. =) salty very salty! !

Thanks for reading and I hope one day he will be able to get out of tier 5. /cry

vvolfster

08-02-2010

Good guide. One that actually makes sense and isnt filled with ****ty avarice blades.

MrVec

08-04-2010

Whats wrong with avarice blades?

FoxMindedGuy

08-04-2010

Can you please tell all the baddies that AP Tryndamere is bad.

RightfullyMine

08-04-2010

AP Tryndamere is not as good as AD Tryndamere, mainly late game, but it is FUN. Btw avarice blades pwn on this guy. He needs crit chance, and the only time I would not get them is if I had a full rune page of 20% crit.

Haha and I love the part about the losing if you have to choose between QSS or GA, very true. I'd also like to add BAnshee's veil, too.

Nightmare2450

08-04-2010

what would you take out of the build?

peyo

08-04-2010

Mocking Shout >>> Spinning Slash ANYDAY

Nightmare2450

08-05-2010

remember you are taking a defensive stance mid, so spinning slash is to get out more then to get in. Also at level six you should have 3 blood lust, 1 mocking, 2 spinning, and 1 ulit. you want to use it to get in then hopefully use it again to kill.

ThreeLittleBirds

08-07-2010

spinnin slash is great for mobility. Thats why i always have 1 point in it. Spinnin slash + zeal + boots is great for farming.

peyo

08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2450 View Post
remember you are taking a defensive stance mid, so spinning slash is to get out more then to get in. Also at level six you should have 3 blood lust, 1 mocking, 2 spinning, and 1 ulit. you want to use it to get in then hopefully use it again to kill.
spinning slash's cooldown doesn't change with leveling... Mocking Shout gives you more defense