Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm gonna level with you: what you're essentially saying is not healthy for a two-way dialog. You say that when we share information (Karma rework) it better be out right ****ing now, or it's late and Riot fails. Karma's been worked on for a few patches...Hell, that's nothing. This is normal development for a rework, especially with the testing and iteration that goes in. It takes 3+ months to make a brand new champion...turns out making video games is a lot of work and not an overnight process.

I'd like to share more information, but this expectation is what created Magma Chamber as a fiasco. We have to manage expectations appropriately, which means we can't just say everything immediately.
A two way dialog is great, and I (and anyone else I'm sure) greatly appreciate any information you have to share on anything in development. But, when it's been a while and nothing has been stated, longer than people would expect for these things to finish, and topics go ignored... people wonder, and they lose faith in Riot's words. It's fine to say "we had a turn for the worse and we had to push it back a bit" but most of the time the topics just get ignored. Like I said, I never really saw a topic where Riot debunked the Magma Chamber situation and said "we stopped development, thought dominion was a better way to go." I'm not saying that every time a level 1 summoner posts "i herd u make magma chamber, where is it" Riot needs to respond, but there's really been no major official statement on it or the majority of other projects that were once stated to be of interest to Riot development.

I understand the amount of work that goes into the development of these projects. I understand that they do take a long time. It's great that Guinsoo shared progress on Karma reworks and it was also exciting to hear about the changes she was receiving. It's certainly been a very long time since her release though, and we've received only a few updates on her situation (despite many people begging for buffs for months), only now to find out she is going to be behind a project that is also extremely old and has a while to go.

Stealth rework definitely has a higher priority than Karma, but it's just disheartening that all of this continues to pile up with no sign of release... and only recently did we receive any info on their development (for some of them). The pile continues to grow and grow, and we really haven't seen much released to be like "oh man, Riot is workin on these things, go go Riot." Things happen, I understand, and it's hard to say what happened the majority of the time but apologize and hope that next time things will go better.

Tuesday will mark the first major community request being released in a long time (the last thing I personally remember is fiddle)... will it continue? Will we see more of these things being released?

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
31 of 90 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow User Thing View Post
Any updates on TT? Haven't seen anything on it for weeks.
This is something, unfortunately, I can't talk about right now. The one thing I can tell you is it's not being ignored, but as you can see in this thread, we want to make sure we have the right info to share before saying more.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKill View Post
@morello, once the remake is complete, do you think there is any hope for an aram map and mode?
Morello said he looked into converting The Proving Grounds (Ashe tutorial map) into an ARAM map, but there were apparently some severe issues with doing that. That was a year ago, though.

A ButtFruit Tree

03-15-2012

@ Morello

This may seem selfish, but is there any chance we'll ever see that Santa Clause Gragas skin ever again? Goodness, I love that skin but I was busy during that time buying presents. :'(

lol I died again

03-15-2012

Quote:
This is something, unfortunately, I can't talk about right now.
Then can you type about it? (;

exe3

03-15-2012

Quote:
We're happy to do this, you can find several instances of this if you dig around some old posts too
That's good but you don't often do this tbh. I don't think there was ever an official 'sorry we screwed up' for Magma Chamber or Project Shiny (which were the 'big' ones I think) which is where most of the controversy and forum unrest comes from. If you do announce something and it does go south then you need to update that such has happened in a candid way like you've done in this thread which is epic of you btw.

Also you should go to bed if prime time is less coherent. :P

Keeping tight lipped until something is locked in is the thing you MUST do always imo and i'm very glad that you've learnt this like with Dominion.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoncuro View Post
@ Morello

This may seem selfish, but is there any chance we'll ever see that Santa Clause Gragas skin ever again? Goodness, I love that skin but I was busy during that time buying presents. :'(
Holiday skins won't be sold again, sorry. They're limited edition, as opposed to legacy skins which are just retired and may be sold again later (like Shamrock Malphite).

Habeebh

03-15-2012

Good luck Brag

Bump

GhostSquad

Recruiter

03-15-2012

I think that the main message riot wants to say is that everything is going to take time, and ALL champs cant be equal there has to be a power difference, and the champs that have been nerfed badly and such, dont get played as much. ergo lost profits on those nerfed champions.

A ButtFruit Tree

03-15-2012

Aw man, no Santa Gragas.