Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
Surely you aren't implying that Riot checks every Tribunal case before dealing out punishments? Then what would be the purpose of the Tribunal?
Every? No. But it's a middleman. They won't check the ones that don't even deserve punishment by players' standards.

If Riot gets 1,000 reports a day, it would take them a long, long time to go through each one, individually.

However, if only 200 of those are automatically determined to be repeat offenders by the Tribunal, and then only 150 of those are actually deemed punishable by players, then their workload has been significantly reduced.

Of course, there's no way they can simply trust the players - after all, a player saying "FROOT LOOPS ARE THE BEST!!!" may get reported by Cheerios Zealots, and have other Frosted Flakes Fanatics mashing PUNISH as hard as they can, but that doesn't mean it's actually punishable. Riot still has the absolutely final say.

Yes, my analogies are terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago6817 View Post
umm, do you realize what a akali, vayne or wokong would do if you couldn't counter them with gem/ pinks?
This isn't Dota - "gem" in this context is different. In Dota, Gem (of True Sight) is the same as Oracles here, but in this context, "sight gem" means that when Evelynn or Twitch approaches a champion, you can see a colored "sight gem" over the enemy's head - green means that Evelynn/Twitch are safe and not visible, yellow means that they're approaching the danger zone, and red means that the enemy champion can see them. It's kind of like the crosshair in Skyrim, if you played that - closed eye, wavering eye, open eye. It's also similar to Orianna's arrow indicator (green = ball nearby, yellow = ball almost far enough away to return, red = immediately going to return if you step any further away) and Cho'gath's Feast indicator, only things they can see.

From what I heard, Riot wants to do something about buying Oracles and searching for Wards and the "Ward!" "Counter-ward!" "Counter-counter-ward!" "Counter-counter-counter-ward!" gameplay being stupid as hell, but I'm not sure what they could besides scrapping Oracles entirely, which, obviously, would be a significant buff to Shaco, Akali, etc.

Ippiki Okami

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While there's no comment other than "it's done!" I can give that will make people feel good about this, let's be frank for a moment;

* Yes, the stealth rework was a majorly mismanaged project that took far too long. We own up to that.

* Eve is purposefully nerfed to being as poor as she is - her damage to how badly she was kicking new players out of the game in frustrating was beyond unacceptable. Not optimal in any means, but the right decision overall. Our plan was to not take forever, which was the failing point. This is the only thing we've ever nerfed this hard on purpose.

* Talking about progress is meaningless until I have real, concrete information for you, which I don't at this time.

* We won't disable her because some people have fun with her, despite peer pressure. You're speaking to a player behavior problem that needs to be fixed (there will always be a weakest champion - whether real (this case) or perceived.

* We understand that you're frustrated and why you are, and luckily, we've stopped mismanaging and incorrectly prioritizing this set of work - unfortunately, it's a lot of work.

That's all I can add that's useful, currently.
It just sucks atm being called a troll at champion selection, even in normals for picking a less used champion like eve.

malkalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

lore?

Dino Spumoni

03-15-2012

Quote:
Based on what? My metric is the fact that the greatest variety of champions are viable and were used in IEM Hanover than ever before, both in total # and %, despite the growing number of champions. If releasing champions did negatively effect balance, the opposite would be true. also remember this tournament had alternate meta strategies involved, showing even greater diversity.

It is a problem that remakes have taken awhile, but "balance is a joke" is really off-base considering the contrary data. Balance is consistently improving, which is why the remake thing is the hot-button issue - balance itself is really good right now, and a handful of outliers on the low end doesn't change that (even though those are things we should fix, too).

"Balance is bad" is a red herring that is fueled by shallow or poor analysis. That's not your jobs as players, of course, but if you're going to talk design, be prepared to back it
So to you as long as the majority of champs are in the middle ground who cares if some are super op and some are down right terrible? Just because a higher number and percentage was played does not indicate balance. Most of the teams that used outside the box champs got destroyed. Granted a lot of that is just skill based but number do not necessarily translate to reality.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
21 of 90 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxAmidstStars View Post
They check every punish case, yes.
^

daddyduro69

03-15-2012

Quote:
Dominion and TT were free as well (and we do need to support these better, another improvement to come for us).
Dont worry guys, Morello willl improve these after tons of analysis.

trololol

Drago6817

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
This isn't Dota - "gem" in this context is different. In Dota, Gem (of True Sight) is the same as Oracles here, but in this context, "sight gem" means that when Evelynn or Twitch approaches a champion, you can see a colored "sight gem" over the enemy's head - green means that Evelynn/Twitch are safe and not visible, yellow means that they're approaching the danger zone, and red means that the enemy champion can see them. It's kind of like the crosshair in Skyrim, if you played that - closed eye, wavering eye, open eye. It's also similar to Orianna's arrow indicator (green = ball nearby, yellow = ball almost far enough away to return, red = immediately going to return if you step any further away) and Cho'gath's Feast indicator, only things they can see.

From what I heard, Riot wants to do something about buying Oracles and searching for Wards and the "Ward!" "Counter-ward!" "Counter-counter-ward!" "Counter-counter-counter-ward!" gameplay being stupid as hell, but I'm not sure what they could besides scrapping Oracles entirely, which, obviously, would be a significant buff to Shaco, Akali, etc.

That actually sounds pretty awesome and a new *Unique* mechanic, Thank you for clarifying.

Miss Hilton

03-15-2012

Forgive me if this has been asked before...Are the stealth changes significant enough that champs with minor stealth aspects (ex. Teemo's passive) will need to be looked at and possibly tweaked?

Cymbid

03-15-2012

So what's the ETA on this "take a penny" game? Sounds delightful.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
22 of 90 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicn00b View Post
My "Morello's bullsht" senses are tingling. This is how I read this:
Clearly, we've never released free changes like a new game mode, character reworks, or balance changes. Why would we have a full time design team dedicated ONLY to balance and reworks?

I know it's cool on the internet to think all game companies are evil, and if you feel better thinking that, then nothing I can say will change it. It's flat-out untrue, but you're entitled to any opinion you desire.