Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Foot

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehasaknife View Post
Was?

WAS!?! Dude, how f*cking stupid do you have to be to work at Riot? You stupid f*cking sh*t...

Yes I'm being disrespectful, I'm tired of asking/addressing about this subject respectfully, and getting either no answer or some bullsh*t answer...

In fact your right about one thing, we don't want an answer...we want either old Eve back, which by any comparison in this day and age with the current champions, would NOT be OP, or actually fix the b*tch...

We paid for her either with RP/IP only to have you break her intentionally, and make only vain promises to fix her and Twitch.

You then refuse top give us a refund, or even disable her from play, so teams can't get trolled, and players of them get abused and reported...

You made this problem, you sorry sack of sh*t...

Fix this godd*mn problem...

There isn't any WAS to it you moron, she currently and remains currently a waste of a champion, IP, RP, etc...because of you...

The only time she was OP is when no one bought a ward, which is pretty much the worst mistake of any common noob...refusing to buy wards, or build to counter the most immediate danger. Thankfully we have you, Mr. Asswipe, who likes to nerf on a whim...

Gj tard.
While I don't agree with nearly anything this guy says, or his tone, it brings up an interesting problem.

Customers here at League of Legends pay for the champions, not the game. This makes brokenly UP champs sting even more for those that purchased them with either IP or RP. I think more emphasis needs to be on keeping champs on the level, but the problem is that Riot has no incentive to.

I mean, think about it. If you already bought the champ, then there's no recourse for you. You can't always get your money back if the champ becomes "defective" and you cannot know by purchasing them if it's ever going to happen. If you didn't' buy the champ, Riot could still make money off you by instead releasing a new champ instead of making that champ appetizing to you. Reworking or fixing an UP champ really holds no weight in the marketing department, and it's that department that really makes the calls on resource priority.

joehasaknife

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yea we broke Eve and Twitch!

Don't really care to give info...

Don't really care to really fix either...

Get bent summoners...
This I would actually find suffecient...

Don't know where you refer to the stealth remake that WAS handled, or mismanaged...

Was? This is why your a tard bro, it's not was...its is...as in...STILL IS...not done, not fixed, and certainly not addressed.

But that's cool, keep then Tanky/deeps champs goin...forget the match making problems...or any new game mechanics...especiallty forget the older outdated champs...

You can think you game is getting ever more popular, as much as you'd like...course thats also why you have to pay RP incentives to keep level 6's around...too bad that don't help much lol...

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Now that you're here, Morello, would you mind looking at this or addressing it? This bug on TF has irritated me for eons: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post22055802

Second, what do you think would be the maximum duration silence you would allow in LoL (single target, ultimate spell, and very long CD)? Current longest (AFAIK) is a 3 second AoE silence on a relatively short cooldown (Cho).

Also, thank you for all your answers---much appreciated.

CrippledPimp

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
If you're good at this stuff and can prove it, we're ALWAYS looking for fantastic data dudes. You should apply.
That's good to know. I'll keep it in mind when I finish my graduate studies.

Until then, you guys should just send me the raw data anyway...... . I'll sign an IRB if need be.

Echorion

03-15-2012

World of Warcraft updated my games graphics, I want a refund on the original games and its first few expansions....
How dare they create a changing world...

Dirty Foot

03-15-2012

Morello, I promise it's not a trap (at least from me), but could we have a small dialogue about Teemo?

Really, I just want to know if I'm outside of my gourd in thinking he's really UP. I could accept that I'm just not building or playing him right, but I have yet to see proof of him actually performing well. His remake ended up being a mix of nerfs and buffs that left him in a wonky place, and the nerfs after that just made me shake my head.

Am I just building/utilizing him wrong? I don't really accept that support tag he has, his kit does not scream "support" to me. The best I see him playing as is a harasser/disruptor/anti-carry, but his range and escape/chase is just not there for any of it. Any other role I choose for him often leaves him feeling like he's not playing to his strengths.

NVDax

03-15-2012

Er, morello. While yes I'm rather concerned with Eve(used to play her a bit) but I'm more worried about one of my mains. Is there any sort of data you can give on Twitch? I don't care if it isn't concrete. I just want to know if he will become 20% harder, or 20% cooler.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
20 of 90 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
While I don't agree with nearly anything this guy says, or his tone, it brings up an interesting problem.

Customers here at League of Legends pay for the champions, not the game. This makes brokenly UP champs sting even more for those that purchased them with either IP or RP. I think more emphasis needs to be on keeping champs on the level, but the problem is that Riot has no incentive to.

I mean, think about it. If you already bought the champ, then there's no recourse for you. You can't always get your money back if the champ becomes "defective" and you cannot know by purchasing them if it's ever going to happen. If you didn't' buy the champ, Riot could still make money off you by instead releasing a new champ instead of making that champ appetizing to you. Reworking or fixing an UP champ really holds no weight in the marketing department, and it's that department that really makes the calls on resource priority.
Though you've already made up your mind about the evil (?) corporate entity that is Riot, that would be stupid if we did that. I make the call on this stuff in Live and Champion design, and I simply ****ed this up. We've done a lot of remakes, why would we do those at all otherwise? Dominion and TT were free as well (and we do need to support these better, another improvement to come for us).

Also, champions are primarily about engagement. They keep the game exciting and fresh, and keep people playing. Why is that bad?

Dirty Foot

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDax View Post
Er, morello. While yes I'm rather concerned with Eve(used to play her a bit) but I'm more worried about one of my mains. Is there any sort of data you can give on Twitch? I don't care if it isn't concrete. I just want to know if he will become 20% harder, or 20% cooler.
Wouldn't it be nice it it were both?

NVDax

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
Wouldn't it be nice it it were both?
Beta kit for Eve was said AWHILE ago. No real thing for Twitch, this is why I want to know.