The one that was left behind - Xin Zhao

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fèlix

03-13-2012

holy god bunch of tards on front page

paqw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

plz learn to play xin!

i5ghZ5QsJ9

03-14-2012

bump

NaranjaSpencer

03-14-2012

posting in a stonewall thread

Also, I'd like to see some XZ buffs.

Allan Harper

03-14-2012

bump

PainfulVD

03-14-2012

bump

Michael Kane

03-14-2012

bump

Zudok

03-15-2012

xin!?>

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey guys - sorry, hadn't seen this thread.

Xin's a good candidate for a bit of skill rework (not total kit, since he's fun and with adjustments, could be made to be good), but he's in that old Tryndamere spot - specifically if he's good, he's too good, and if he's not too good, he's not usable.

A few primary problems with Xin's kit from a high level:

* "Flatness" syndrome. Since Xin was created when we were in "holy **** how do we make melee effective" stage, he has a little of everything, sort of like Irelia does. This creates an experience of things being very muddy and getting a bit of power from a lot of sources, making balancing more difficult

* CC Potential: Xin's CC scaling is pretty insane when he hits critical mass, which greats a situation where his damage/CC/durability ratios are spread out, and making any of the others good results in a problem.

* Lack of Counterplay: This is my biggest issue with Xin. His suite of abilities don't leave much room for back and forth, or smart counter-play. This puts him in a state of "Yi balance" where you either kill him, or he kills you without recourse. That, added with the Flatness effect, creates a difficult champion to balance for high-level play without having him be a steamroller in non-professional games.

Classick and I have talked about this one and agree something should happen here, but it is lower priority than champions who've needed the work longer, or need it more (Eve, Katarina, etc). Though I agree with you that this is something we should address.

1v5 np

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

yay red response