Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostoad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Is Chaos Witch Queelag in the creepy category?

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
3) Garrison has too much overlap with Fortify. Though conceivably we could add it if we removed Fortify.
uhhhhh

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

03-14-2012
167 of 320 Riot Posts

Replies to pages 457-460.

Hey Guys, time for another round of @Ezreal Updates. Here comes another 5 pages worth of responses. Keep asking questions and I'll be more than happy to answer as many as I can! The shorter the question the more likely I will be able to answer it (I have 13 pages just to catch up...)

Also, I always tweet whenever I finish a post in @Ezreal (Twitter: @RiotEzreal) (should be easier than sifting through this thread, oh, and does anyone know how I can look at the 'last' rioter post on a thread?). http://twitter.com/#!/RiotEzreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Opinion on an ability that litterally attaches chains between you and another champion? Where the enemy cannot leave a certain radius of the caster but can move anywhere else?
I think it's pretty cool, albeit has a few confusion points. Unfotunately our 'chain' abilities are all set out around telling enemy players to run away from them in order to break them. This new ability would go counter to this, and thus tell the player to make the wrong choice. We would probably have to take a different approach to make a similar effect, ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliai View Post
Ahri nerfs? Urgh, no... don't give her the Orianna treatment, please.
She's still super viable and my favorite AP champion despite the nerfs. So I am pretty pleased with how she turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriska Serket View Post
Would this work as a "solution" to the 0 cs meta for support

All CS gold *or gold in general* is shared globally.

Pros- No more fighting for CS. Farming is shared by whole team. Thus depraving 1 lane of farm is a stronger tactic.
Cons- It might just feel crappy to kill a minion and only get 3-7 gold. AFK player hurts the team way more. People get Raged at for having a low cs.
Honestly I think that would make the game feel too stale. Without the ability to last hit, too much of the game would be focused around simply pushing (which on it's own is not a super interesting event). We would have to add new events to the early game just to keep it as entertaining as it is now. I would rather solve the 0 cs meta in a different less painful way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhei View Post
Why does Riot constantly release a champ every other week instead of fixing weaker champs that are just not viable any more such as heimer? I'd much rather more buffs to current champs than a new 6300 champ that is going to be nerfed in the patch or patch after.
Well, we constantly make changes to the older champions. We now have 94 champions, how many of them aren't viable? Additionally, we are constantly working on champions with major problems internally. I can think of four off the top of my head who are looking at major reworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuMasken View Post
what is the development team's feelings on the current state of the jungle?

are there any plans to make single target junglers(fiddlesticks, warwick) viable when compared to junglers like skarner and udyr again?
Well, if they are underpowered then we will look at them. I believe we are working on Warwick now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourai View Post
Hello Ezreal

1)I do really enjoy the variety of skins with all those references but are there any plans for "comedic" skins? I really liked Reverse Annie and Urfrider Corki!
2)Are referals the only way to get you're champoin to the League or are there any others that a normal person can do?
3)Is Ezreals dance a reference to an anime u liked? :>
4)As a Touhou fan I really appreciated the references like Lux's Ultimate, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Wriggle's Lantern or the name of Orianna's Ball (Myon). I'd like to see more of course but people say that Shurelia was the "main source" of those references. Is there any hope for more? (I still hope that Komachi which is developed by Xypherous will be grim reapeer/shinigami themed)
5) Any updated on Komachi? *huehue*
1) I'm sure we will continue making comedic skins. We are just making them at a slightly slower rate. We found that comedic skins are less used by players, and as such, have been moving our development to give the players more of what they want.
2) I'm afraid we do all champion creation internal to the company. But we do allow for Rioters from every part of the company to suggest new champions.
3) Sigh, I'm afraid I am not at fault for that dance. I believe that was Shurelia's doing...
4) Well, Shurelia was the main proponent of these sorts of names. Though Xyph was coming in second, be sure to let him know that you appreciate them.
5) I'm afraid I don't know what Komachi is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhaleIord View Post
@Ezreal

1. Please. Whatever you do, don't nerf Ahri too far T~T.

2. What are your thoughts of Skarner's nerfs in the recent Sejuani patch?

3. What do you think of yourself as designer in LoL? Because in my opinion, you are one of the best. If not THE best. The champions you have designed are all very unique and interesting to play. Thanks for the great champions!
1) OK
2) I think he is still very viable, and less frustrating to fight against.
3) It would be a folly to rate myself compared to the other designers. I am just happy, not to mention lucky, to be surrounded by such awesome intelligent individuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panixs View Post
Hey Ezreal.

1st thing: HI

2nd thing: Pulsefire Ezreal I wants already

3rd thing: Urgot why so ugly? he got to be ugliest guy in LoL but could use less ugly skin he scares me so much i dont play him as much i should.

4thing: you dont have to reply just a few things i wanted you to know
1) Hi
2) So do I...
3) Well, I honestly think that was a mistake on our part. We should have made him much cooler...for example, I wish his base skin was his new mecha skin. That is an awesome version of Urgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Reaper View Post
@ Ezreal.
When will you change your icon to Pulsefire Ezreal?
And, more importantly,
when are we getting pulsefire Ezreal?

edit:
P.s. I just got my first Pentakill on Ezreal in ranked today!
Hopefully pretty soon, and hopefully pretty soon.

Grats to the penta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMamba View Post
@Ezreal

Is there any news on Zelos? Is he actually in development or is it just a rumor?
I'm afraid Zelos has no core concept surrounding him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzembachi View Post
@ Ezreal

What was Riot's decision to not allow interaction with the environment like trees? As a DoTA player, I remember it added a layer of strategy to the game, since you could eat trees to escape/wait for ganks and there were many skills centered around trees that made the game quite fun.
Just wondering, since I feel like it was a pretty major decision.
Well, when we built the map we did so without the ability to interact with the environment. So we simply don't have a way to make use of the trees. Perhaps some day we will have to add them...perhaps in a new map?

The Stormchaser

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Replies to pages 457-460.

Hey Guys, time for another round of @Ezreal Updates. Here comes another 5 pages worth of responses. Keep asking questions and I'll be more than happy to answer as many as I can! The shorter the question the more likely I will be able to answer it (I have 13 pages just to catch up...)

Also, I always tweet whenever I finish a post in @Ezreal (Twitter: @RiotEzreal) (should be easier than sifting through this thread, oh, and does anyone know how I can look at the 'last' rioter post on a thread?). http://twitter.com/#!/RiotEzreal

I think it's pretty cool, albeit has a few confusion points. Unfotunately our 'chain' abilities are all set out around telling enemy players to run away from them in order to break them. This new ability would go counter to this, and thus tell the player to make the wrong choice. We would probably have to take a different approach to make a similar effect, ideas?

She's still super viable and my favorite AP champion despite the nerfs. So I am pretty pleased with how she turned out!

Honestly I think that would make the game feel too stale. Without the ability to last hit, too much of the game would be focused around simply pushing (which on it's own is not a super interesting event). We would have to add new events to the early game just to keep it as entertaining as it is now. I would rather solve the 0 cs meta in a different less painful way.

Well, we constantly make changes to the older champions. We now have 94 champions, how many of them aren't viable? Additionally, we are constantly working on champions with major problems internally. I can think of four off the top of my head who are looking at major reworks.

Well, if they are underpowered then we will look at them. I believe we are working on Warwick now.

1) I'm sure we will continue making comedic skins. We are just making them at a slightly slower rate. We found that comedic skins are less used by players, and as such, have been moving our development to give the players more of what they want.
2) I'm afraid we do all champion creation internal to the company. But we do allow for Rioters from every part of the company to suggest new champions.
3) Sigh, I'm afraid I am not at fault for that dance. I believe that was Shurelia's doing...
4) Well, Shurelia was the main proponent of these sorts of names. Though Xyph was coming in second, be sure to let him know that you appreciate them.
5) I'm afraid I don't know what Komachi is...

1) OK
2) I think he is still very viable, and less frustrating to fight against.
3) It would be a folly to rate myself compared to the other designers. I am just happy, not to mention lucky, to be surrounded by such awesome intelligent individuals!

1) Hi
2) So do I...
3) Well, I honestly think that was a mistake on our part. We should have made him much cooler...for example, I wish his base skin was his new mecha skin. That is an awesome version of Urgot!

Hopefully pretty soon, and hopefully pretty soon.

Grats to the penta.

I'm afraid Zelos has no core concept surrounding him.

Well, when we built the map we did so without the ability to interact with the environment. So we simply don't have a way to make use of the trees. Perhaps some day we will have to add them...perhaps in a new map?
roit ezreal confirms possible tree map.

Jk Ezreal, thx for info

HabeQuiddam

03-14-2012

Quote:
Oh, go figure.

Great Owl

03-14-2012

Quote:
3) Garrison has too much overlap with Fortify. Though conceivably we could add it if we removed Fortify. That being said, it would take a ton of testing, as I can think of a number of abuse cases with this spell being introduced (pushing teams would become a force to be reckoned with).
Fortify was removed. Although I know its hard to notice

Quote:
Hop into the mod community and be part of something great. If that would take too much time, then pick up your nearest map editor (I prefer Starcraft II's staredit), and go make your own custom game. Prove out how great your skills are by crafting something that you would consider to be well designed. Best of luck!!
Do you have any suggestions of where to look to start modding? I've been checking some sites out, but most seem to put up a pretty high entry barrier, knowledge wise, in order to learn from them.

Arc Krow

03-14-2012

Heyhey Ez!

1) Was the character design of Ezreal based on Link? They looks like each other so much... What about a Link skin for Ez?

2) Did you guys in Riot thought in a game mode surely aimed to combat? We see a lot of people in Classic who tends to forget the true objective of the game and focus only in killing each other...

3) Shyvana is awesome.

TonyWin

03-14-2012

Ezreal,

Ezreal is my favorite character, however I do not approve of his dance, and from your previous post, you think it was Shurelia's doing. Do you feel any underlying animosity towards her for giving your amazing character design such a dance?!

SorsScriba

03-14-2012

I really believe that EZ would be a more recognized pick if his shift prioritized champions. A slightly longer AA ranged would be nice (a bump of 25 would be perfect), but the change to AS is almost required for him to have a more rewarding feel.

Buckles64

03-14-2012

Quote:
Replies to pages 366-370.

We put him in the icebox for now. Unfortunately the kits I kept coming up with never quite worked, I never found a way to make him a 10/10. I'll go back to him after I solve a few other champions. Or perhaps when I find a stellar (non OP) ultimate.

Sorry if a suggestion has already been accept but I didn't want to read through 40+ pages

1 - A really cool and most likely unique idea for his ultimate could be to delevel other people for a short time, like unlevel a skill or two reduce health slightly etc. It would be really unique and it would fit with the time theme.

1.5 - Or he rapidly converges timelines spawning clones of him how he was 10 minutes prior (Could be changed but I feel this concept is really cool since you would be fighting with yourself and would make you want to watch your build more thoroughly) and he does kind of a swain thing where they charge out to 2-3 enemies and stick on them for a few seconds, or give control like shaco's clone

Edit: An idea for support would be instead of Buffing their allies, they debuff their enemies giving their teammates an advantage.

Edit2: Sorry about posting so much, but I has lots of ideas
Anyway have you guys ever really considered making a map editor like WC3 or SC2? I feel that it would add a really good vibe to the game since it would be maps designed by players for players.

TL;DR (For the edits atleast) A support that debuffs instead of buffing, map editor