"94% of cases in the tribunal result in punishment"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Internets View Post
Right, because it's not like Pendragon cherrypicks the cases where he can shame people who obviously deserved to be banned.

If Riot was confident in their system not producing false positives there would be absolutely no justification to withhold the reasons why people are banned. But they're not, which is why they don't tell people.
There is a VERY good justification for that actually.
So people don't use it to explore the "frontier" of what is bannable and what isn't, in order to be as obnoxious as possible without getting banned.

Just be nice, don't get banned. Works 100%.
Then you won't get in situations where you have to split hairs and say things like "but I just called him a noob 5 times during the game, I didn't actually insult him."

Tipee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
One fact remains though:

I didn't study statistics or probability, but doesn't that mean that if you auto-punish all cases you have roughly 94% chance of getting each of them right?

And in the end that'd translate to... an average of 13 or 14 correct cases out of 15 per day?

So who's saying auto-punish doesn't work...
It's actually very easy to detect people who do that, and reduce both the influence of their votes and their IP gain.

LadyKitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipee View Post
There is a VERY good justification for that actually.
So people don't use it to explore the "frontier" of what is bannable and what isn't, in order to be as obnoxious as possible without getting banned.

Just be nice, don't get banned. Works 100%.
That makes no sense, though. Showing what people get banned for doesn't give you any sort of limit, or show you what people won't get banned for. If they showed what cases get pardoned, that would be a different story. The only reason for not EVER telling people what they were banned for is unjust bans will show people the flaws in the system. However, as Pendragon so often says "the minority doesn't matter" That's the person in charge of our "justice" system here.

Tipee

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKitsune View Post
That makes no sense, though. Showing what people get banned for doesn't give you any sort of limit, or show you what people won't get banned for. If they showed what cases get pardoned, that would be a different story. The only reason for not EVER telling people what they were banned for is unjust bans will show people the flaws in the system. However, as Pendragon so often says "the minority doesn't matter" That's the person in charge of our "justice" system here.
No, because people can share it. If you have the totality of what you get banned for, you also have what you get pardoned for, by elimination.
If I tell you which part is black in a black and white picture, you will deduce the white part, won't you?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofCake View Post
No punished cases are reviewed by riot if the person is a repeat offender if its someones first time its all up to the tribunal
Link to quote plz or shut up.

iProtoHype

03-14-2012

to bad i got awarded 200 ip for 4 hours of work... and thats equal to one 30 minute game

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

03-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I will say... this is a very outdated statistic. The Tribunal punishment rate at the moment is significantly lower than 94%.

Rueian

03-14-2012

Its good to know its dropping.
Thanks for the post, its reassuring to see reds in this forum once in awhile.

Phyrexia

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I will say... this is a very outdated statistic. The Tribunal punishment rate at the moment is significantly lower than 94%.
You always show up at the best times in the best places.

LadyKitsune

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Why is it policy for support teams to refuse people reasons on why they were banned?