Ashe as a starter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AshesII

07-30-2010

Hey everyone. I started playing Ashe, and I KNOW most of you will groan, and complain, but I don't see why we can't play her at an early stage. I have played less than a day with her, and it's really easy! You just have to keep well away from the bots, or enemies, if you will. But, the issue is that she is really short range. Long range doesn't do her good. Maybe for her ice arrow, but really? I mean, she levels up REALLY fast,l and rocks doing it. She is getting more kills the more I play.

So, why is she bad to ply at an early stage? She isn't so stop whining.

DiscoPolarBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2010

ashesll,
I will tell you that Ashe just happens to be like, my favorite character :P, and i think maybe you taking a too aggressive approach on ashe early on? Where are you laning usually? well I'll give you some tips onto if your laning top or bot with a partner.

Your first skill should be volley. you NEED to max this out right away. followed by frost shot and your ult (the arrow of death). your volley has and insane range, about as much as ezreals harass spell and the slow froms frost shot works with your volley. make sure to get mana regen glyps or start the game out with a meki pendant so you can harrass with volley for much of the laning phase, with that harassing it may be easier to scare you oppoonets into playing passive. But be sure not to overextend because ashe is one of the most item dependant and maybe the most squishiest of squishies. so if you really have to just play passive and try to last if creeps if all else fails :P.

kyoukitenshi

07-30-2010

Oh, she's fine when you're starting out, she's pretty much the easiest class in the game and she'll definitely net you some kills in mid.

You state that the issue is her "short range."
That is completely and totally incorrect.
The entire reason Ashe is viable is due to her ability to harass INCREDIBLY well at a long range. If played well, Ashe is annoying as all hell early-mid game due to her stupidly long auto-attack range and volley range, and late game, her arrow is one of the most annoying support abilities there is. I can't tell you how infuriating it is when I'm chasing someone, they're at 15 HP, and just before I flash in for the kill I get stunned by the Ashe two lanes away firing a perfectly timed arrow. However.

The reason people hate on Ashe is that, you'll notice, I stated "if played well," she's an irritating class. Most of the time, though, I rejoice when I see Ashe on the opposing team. Why? Because at higher levels, if ashe slips up once, even for a moment, I will kill her, because she's squishy and her escape mechanisms don't work against a lot of characters. Frost Shot is lovely, but if I've already closed the distance between her and myself, she's not getting away.

I think you'll find that when starting out, Ashe is -awesome.- Just don't expect her to dominate games at higher levels.

AshesII

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
Oh, she's fine when you're starting out, she's pretty much the easiest class in the game and she'll definitely net you some kills in mid.

You state that the issue is her "short range."
That is completely and totally incorrect.
The entire reason Ashe is viable is due to her ability to harass INCREDIBLY well at a long range. If played well, Ashe is annoying as all hell early-mid game due to her stupidly long auto-attack range and volley range, and late game, her arrow is one of the most annoying support abilities there is. I can't tell you how infuriating it is when I'm chasing someone, they're at 15 HP, and just before I flash in for the kill I get stunned by the Ashe two lanes away firing a perfectly timed arrow. However.

The reason people hate on Ashe is that, you'll notice, I stated "if played well," she's an irritating class. Most of the time, though, I rejoice when I see Ashe on the opposing team. Why? Because at higher levels, if ashe slips up once, even for a moment, I will kill her, because she's squishy and her escape mechanisms don't work against a lot of characters. Frost Shot is lovely, but if I've already closed the distance between her and myself, she's not getting away.

I think you'll find that when starting out, Ashe is -awesome.- Just don't expect her to dominate games at higher levels.
She just doesn't work at long range for me. I think she is good aat high levels, people just don't sdeem to give her a chance to me. :/

kyoukitenshi

07-30-2010

Keep in mind that her auto-attack range is MUCH longer than pretty much any other champion, except Tristana.

And by high levels I mean high summoners levels, not levels in the game. For instance, I'm summoner level 24, and I giggle with glee as soon as I see Ashe mid, since I main Katarina. I wait for her to autoattack my minion, then I flash in and hit my ultimate.. she's dead in 3 seconds.

AshesII

07-30-2010

Yes, but Ashe is still Ok.

Exoh

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
Keep in mind that her auto-attack range is MUCH longer than pretty much any other champion, except Tristana.
Volley and auto range were stealth nerfed in the patch where they took volley from 9 to 7 arrows. Try playing her again to see the difference.

This doesn't have any effect on good players that toggle q effectively to harass and position well anyways. But it is tougher for the average ashe newbie to harass with volley or auto now like we saw at the end of preseason.

Lusden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoh View Post
Volley and auto range were stealth nerfed in the patch where they took volley from 9 to 7 arrows. Try playing her again to see the difference.

This doesn't have any effect on good players that toggle q effectively to harass and position well anyways. But it is tougher for the average ashe newbie to harass with volley or auto now like we saw at the end of preseason.
Volley range was an announced nerf, auto-attack seems as long as ever.

Secretly, though, they nerfed every other character's range and made the hitboxes of melee longer. Play them to see the difference!