Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Distruktion

03-10-2012

I have been having trouble lately with counter-jungling and being counter jungled. What are the basics for protecting yourself and for being aggressive with the counter jungle? Is it as simple as warding the buffs? Thanks.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distruktion View Post
I have been having trouble lately with counter-jungling and being counter jungled. What are the basics for protecting yourself and for being aggressive with the counter jungle? Is it as simple as warding the buffs? Thanks.
2 wards can save you from being counter jungled and change it into a kill

1. Ward on enemy wraith ramp
2. Ward on the other side of the river

With a standard ward from top and bottom, the enemy jungler will have no way to go into your jungle, and your wraith ramp ward also show enemy jungler when he is doing wraith, meaning you can proceed to counter jungle the other half.

If you want to counter jungle the enemy, 2 things you must know up front

1. The location of the enemy starting
2. The timer on enemy buff/ jungle route

Counter jungling is more about experience, but generally speaking these two are the most important elements that you need to start counter jungling.

Sokolniki

03-10-2012

I've been playing Leona in the bot lane... and I've found that duo laning with Fiora in Bot is absolutely murderous against the standard Support/AD Bot, often getting first blood at lvl 2 by both going Q + E at lvl 2 (We both get our gap closers, I get my stun and Fiora gets the Attack Speed Steroid), I was wondering if you have seen such a set up in the 1800+ Elo and how the rest of the team was set up to make up for the displaced Ranged AD.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
I've been playing Leona in the bot lane... and I've found that duo laning with Fiora in Bot is absolutely murderous against the standard Support/AD Bot, often getting first blood at lvl 2 by both going Q + E at lvl 2 (We both get our gap closers, I get my stun and Fiora gets the Attack Speed Steroid), I was wondering if you have seen such a set up in the 1800+ Elo and how the rest of the team was set up to make up for the displaced Ranged AD.
It is a common fact lol, two AD bruisers can easily beat the **** out of the standard ranged AD + support, I remember Chauster also made an interview about that.

I remember someone at 2k+ ELO plays pantheon at bottom, and every single time when he queues up, someone will check their friend list, saying "XX is online, ban pantheon" and always make him rage lol.

Sokolniki

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
It is a common fact lol, two AD bruisers can easily beat the **** out of the standard ranged AD + support, I remember Chauster also made an interview about that.

I remember someone at 2k+ ELO plays pantheon at bottom, and every single time when he queues up, someone will check their friend list, saying "XX is online, ban pantheon" and always make him rage lol.
So essentially a 2x Bruiser bot is a counter-meta then? How do you handle placement/composition of Jungle, AP and Ranged AD in that case then?

Best I can think of is having a Cait or Sivir mid, a Fiddlesticks jungle, and then a standard solo top go top.

ExecutionerKen

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
So essentially a 2x Bruiser bot is a counter-meta then? How do you handle placement/composition of Jungle, AP and Ranged AD in that case then?

Best I can think of is having a Cait or Sivir mid, a Fiddlesticks jungle, and then a standard solo top go top.
There is a setup with Corki top, two Bruisers bottom, standard AP mid with some CC (like Cass or Annie) and a Jungler with good gap closer (Nocturne, Lee Sin, or Amumu)

This setup is quite heavy on AD, but the fact is that Corki has a true damage passive, a good escape, and his gatling gun can reduce the enemy resistance, making it a good setup for the other bruisers.

There is also one downfall, no heals from support, meaning everyone on your team better have some lifesteal or spell vamp for sustain.

BendyBread

03-11-2012

What are some good AP carries to learn? (like, really carries).

I love Lux and I can confidently say I play her better than most people out there, but she cant do what say Anivia or Cass can do. She cant carry as well, is what I'm saying. Not without a good team that is understanding enough.

DMPuffy

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post

I love Lux and I can confidently say I play her better than most people out there, but she cant do what say Anivia or Cass can do. She cant carry as well, is what I'm saying. Not without a good team that is understanding enough.
You pretty much answered your own question. Anivia and Cassiopeia are both good AP carries that are worth learning. Morgana is also a good champion to learn, and is relatively easy to learn as well.

ExecutionerKen

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post

Lux's constant dps is okay, but the fact that she lack burst and a good AoE CC skills make her kinda bad after mid game.

Due to the skillset of Lux, she is much better off as a ap carry in premade, in pub game, ap carries like cass, annie, swain, kennen, anivia, and brand all do much better due to the fact that your team can see all of the damage or crowd control you are putting on the enemy,

DMPuffy

03-11-2012

Who would you say has more burst damage early game without being up against a wall, Vayne or Tristana?