K Riot, seriously... About the lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niteclaw1028

03-10-2012

I think Judgement for Viktor, Shyvana, and maybe even Volibear would be really interesting reads. I read that Ram Steed Brand thing, and at first I didn't think it was even canon. That was really interesting and I want more like it D:

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigmeo View Post
Bump.

Lore in this game has always had such potential, they cant argue that lore limits them in champion creation, it actually widens the options.

With places like the Void and the shadow isles full of mystery you cant really know what to expect...

Man i really miss the lore too, Kassadin's war agaisnt Malzahar and the Void (will he ever get his daughter back?)

Ezreal explorations and item's backstory (ezreal discovred the wriggle's lantern).

Swain's machinations to rise in power and leblancs deception, whats house du'couteau gonna do agaisnt the black rose? are katarina, talon and cassiopea ever finding the truth about what happened to the general?

Will we ever know more about Lokfar? Anivia will bring her friends into the League as she wanted? what about annie's parents? irelia's brother, the weird guy who attacked warwick, that mysterious mirror caster from shurelia's RP.

So much great stuff has come from Lore (Maokai's birth into the league, Skarner's rise from the earth, amazing lore related skins, LEE SIN) and it was all much more special because of it.

Even the the simplest lore related article was great because it gave us some insight into Runeterra and the amazing world of League of Legends (i cant stress enough how bad i want another game set in this amazing world).

Riot i know you are working on new amazing ways to bring us new lore, and i cant help but squeal like a little girl at the thought of it, but please dont leave us in the shadows like this, let some light bring us hope.

also.... bump.

EDIT: im gonna save this thread/topic to my favorites and bumping it twice everyday until a red talks to us, they close it or we get new lore.
Ahh, the memories... You just reminded me of everything I wanted to know back then. And I still want to know now... Seriously we need a red to get in here and tell us what's going on... I'm extremely bored... All I do is play LoL all day with no fun at all, at this rate, I'll end up playing only 1 game a day for the Fwotd bonus...

Btw, thanks for faving and bumping. That's what I'll be doing already. bump

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteclaw1028 View Post
I think Judgement for Viktor, Shyvana, and maybe even Volibear would be really interesting reads. I read that Ram Steed Brand thing, and at first I didn't think it was even canon. That was really interesting and I want more like it D:
Did you read his interview with Shaco?

Quote:
10 Questions with Shaco:

An intimate interview with Shaco, the Demon Jester.

Ram: "Thank you for agreeing to this interview, Shaco. It's an honor."

Shaco: [Sits quietly. Grins. Cleans fingernails with sharp-looking stiletto.]

Ram: "Okay, then. Let's start with something everyone wants to know. Where did you come from?”

Shaco: "I am not from this world. Your summoners brought me forth from a world of shadows, a place that makes your Runeterra look like a child's birthday party. Isn't that one of the stories? Or perhaps I am simply an assassin gone wrong, wandering Runeterra and perpetrating my Killing Joke on those who are most assured to get the punchline. That is another exciting tale of my origins."

[Shaco carves one hash into the wooden table with his stiletto.]

Ram: "There are those who believe you to be the manifestation of humanity's dark urges. In the Runeterra of today, that is not out of the question. What do you have to say to that?"

Shaco: "Would you like me to be? Would that make you feel better about the part of you that thrills at the lives I end? [pause] Like a magician, I never reveal my secrets."

[Shaco carves another hash into the wooden table with his stiletto.]

Ram: "Could you tell us what your childhood was like?"

Shaco: "I'm still a child. On the inside. Can't you tell? I love to play."

Ram: "Your name is an anagram of chaos. Is that intentional?"

Shaco: "A Shaco by any other name would still spill blood. Intentional or not, it fits, no?"

[Shaco carves a third and fourth hash into the wooden table with his stiletto.]

Ram: "There are some people who regard you as a role-model. What do you think of this?"

Shaco: "I don't like competition."

[A fifth hash is carved.]

Ram: "You seem to have developed a following with the ladies. How has that changed your life?"

Shaco: "I'm an equal opportunity killer. You could say I go both ways."

[Shaco carves a sixth hash into the wooden table with his stiletto.]

Ram: "You definitely have your very own finely crafted sense of humor. What's your favorite joke these days?"

Shaco: “What do people and books have in common? Wherever they're opened, they're red.”

[Shaco chuckles and carves a seventh hash.]

Ram: "Your enigmatic nature is part of your appeal for many people. However, do you have one great adventure you could share?"

Shaco: "Once upon a time, there was a fancy noble in the city-state of Noxus. He was a wretched man, the kind of person that had done nearly ever underhanded thing of which one can think. However, he was an indulgent husband and father. He was someone who would appreciate the punchline, so it was obvious that he needed my Killing Joke. First, I tickled his wife's funny bone. She split open with laughter. Then, I took his oldest son for a romp on the merry-go-round. He loved it so much he never wanted to leave. Then, I delivered jack-in-the-boxes as presents to his youngest daughter and infant son. 'Pop!' went the Shaco, fondly finding his way deep into their hearts. The noble himself? No joy for him. However, certainly did get the punchline."

Ram: "What happened to him?"

Shaco: "He tried to play on a rope swing using his own neck."

[The Demon Jester breaks out into maniacal laughter. It takes him a few minutes to calm down. Ram shifts uncomfortably.]

Shaco: "Two left. Better make them good."

Ram: "The legal gray areas that surround the League of Legends have given you the ability to function openly, and even become a celebrity. However, you are wanted for murder by the authorities in nearly every city-state in Valoran. How do you reconcile the two seemingly at odds lifestyles?"

Shaco: [A menace grows in his eyes.] "I don't like the authorities and I don't think I like that question."

[Ram barely keeps himself in his chair.]

Ram: "Umm... okay... moving on. Last question, then. There are claims that a high-ranking member of the League has established a relationship with you and that you've been seen together on a number of occasions. Can you confirm or deny this?"

[Shaco stares. He stands up slowly, stiletto in hand.]

Shaco: "Why so serious?"

Note from the Editor:

Ram Steed was found two blocks from where he conducted this interview. He had been stabbed multiple times, the stiletto sticking out of his chest with a note that read, “An eye inside Ram Steed.” He was immediately rushed to the nearest healer. Given the severity of his wounds, he has not yet regained consciousness and indeed may not. Our thoughts are with him.
We will keep you apprised of his condition. In the mean time, please send any well wishes to the usual place and we will make sure that his friends and family receive them.

Date Manamune

03-10-2012

Core game features, long awaited champ reworks, long awaited skin reworks, and storyline are all low priority for Riot, you see.

"Retiring" random skins that aren't selling well so people hurl money at them and revolving their live balance team around whatever tournament CLG cries in the hardest is their new model.

I hate saying any of that, but you know it's true. The only thing Riot's done recently to make me say "good job, Riot!" is their skin quality has gone considerably up. But that doesn't justify the rest at all.

Soon is starting to grow not soon enough.

Master Yi is OP

03-10-2012

Riot said "Screw the lore I have money"
And that's why we are here now.

Dukodeath

03-10-2012

I just literally loled people actually read the lore. Stop wasting time and do something productive like play the game.

Ben Khan

03-10-2012

I REALLY miss the lore! It provided atmosphere and flow to the game... But i guess it doesnt rake money into riot..

rottenbrain

03-10-2012

Misclicked downvote, but yeah, I agree. WHERE'S THE LORE?!

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbrain View Post
Misclicked downvote, but yeah, I agree. WHERE'S THE LORE?!
lol at the misclick that's fine, more upvotes will come, just keep bumping.

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukodeath View Post
I just literally loled people actually read the lore. Stop wasting time and do something productive like play the game.
Aaaaaand this is why you're a junior member with no rank/Elo and your comment's gonna be hidden soon enough.

It's been fun troll, cya