[GUIDE] Vladimir - The Crimson Reaper of Transylvania!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigBlueFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

What's a good counter strategy for Vladimir? I've not had any problem with dealing with one before, but today I found one that just kicked my ass. I know it's not really a guide on how to play or build him, but how would you go about killing him?

XAsylumX

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueFish View Post
What's a good counter strategy for Vladimir? I've not had any problem with dealing with one before, but today I found one that just kicked my ass. I know it's not really a guide on how to play or build him, but how would you go about killing him?
Well, as I have found out against Vladimir, it is very difficult to just poke away at his health and then go in for the kill when he is low health, because his transfusion will get his health back up over a short period of time.

My suggestion would be:

Never take him alone.

CC him AFTER he pops his pool

heavy, HEAVY magic damage.

aaaand he should be dead!

Yuana

07-29-2010

my build is very similar to this one, although I dont use leviathen, insted I pick up warmogs. Although Picking Mejais seems like a risky option on Vlad and it isnt honestly. Since he came out Ive played close to 40 games on him, Ive lost 3 games out of 40. Because vlads sanguine pool is so effective especially when combined with ghost you tend to find yourself dieing very little if you utilise his abilities in the right way. Id also like to add that no vlad palyers I have seen thus far have tried dorans ring as their first item. You may be thinking that the mana regen is wasted (which is true) but also remember it is the only starting item in the game thats giving you both hp and AP therefore resulting in more AP than a amplifying tome and almost as much hp as a ruby crystal.

My build is as follows:
sorc boots
mejais
rylais
zonyas
warmogs
abysal scepter or guardian angels

NJ Fury S

07-29-2010

you need to revise your rune list.... its wrong
Flat CDR blue
and health per level yellow

those runes are much more effective

XAsylumX

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Fury S View Post
you need to revise your rune list.... its wrong
Flat CDR blue
and health per level yellow

those runes are much more effective
I will try this out later tonight NJ and see how well this works. If it goes well then I will adjust it.

Thanks for the suggestion

Bonegnasher

07-29-2010

Just theory crafting here, but would armor/lvl seals be better than HP/lvl? Since you're already stacking HP and AP items, that extra 175 HP and 7 AP will be pretty negligible late game, whereas 25ish armor would improve your survivability by quite a bit.

Here's the setup I'm thinking of rolling with--when Riot finally lets my get another rune page :/

Red: MPen
Yellow: Armor/lvl
Blue: MResist/lvl (or Flat CDR, not sure yet)
Quints: Flat HP

9/20/1 (improved ghost or teleport in utility)

Ghost + Teleport, Ignite or Cleanse

Haunting Guise
Spirit Visage
Boots (Mercs or Sorcs)
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Red + Blue Elixirs & Wards

R>Q>E>W (one rank of W at lvl 2)

XAsylumX

07-29-2010

Sounds pretty interesting Gnasher...might be worth taking a look at!

Audio7

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
I would suggest adding a Mejai's. You will usually end up with several assists, and the AP>HP conversion of Vladdy's passive makes this even more appealing as you need far fewer stacks than most characters to make it effective.

Math:

Assuming Needlessly Large Rod, AP is 20g/AP.

Assuming Giant's Belt, HP is 2.58g/HP

Mejai's costs 1235. In order to make the investment worthwhile on AP alone, you have to get enough AP out of it to get below 20g/AP. This occurs at 6 stacks (6 stacks = 68AP = 18.16g/AP)

However, when we consider the additional HP into the combined cost, the item becomes cost effective at 4 stacks (almost 3). At 4 stacks, you get 52 AP and 104 HP, which are "worth" 1040g and 268g, respectively. At 3 stacks, you're close with 44 AP and 88 HP (effective cost 1107).

If you can get over 4 stacks and maintain it for the majority of a game, you're getting free AP.
All the AP/Health item's gold value multiplay when your playing vlad, and he's ballanced around those multiplied stats. So you might get your moneys worth doesn't mean you'll be viable.

NJ Fury S

07-29-2010

the armor is just that...armor..where as health is more beneficial......armor only blocks physical but health helps mitigate all dmg plus it gives you AP the choice is clear

XAsylumX

07-30-2010

It really all depends on matter of preference. I for one prefer having a huge health pool to draw from. That and everyone gets annoyed as hell when they try to kill me