Attn: If you experience an issue with joining a game as the wrong champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veigar

Producer

10-21-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hi guys,

We've received some reports of people getting into a game as the wrong player. This seems to be triggered by disconnecting immediately as the game leaves champion select and begins loading the match. Once in the game, affected users have control over the champion of a player on the opposing team and have vision of their original team's champions.

If you experience this issue, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post as much of the following information as you can in this thread:

-Who all the players in the match were
-What time the match was played
-The summoner names and champions of the two players that did not connect properly
-The PvPNet log for the session that the bug occurred during. (This can be found in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Air\logs and will be the latest file if it happened in your latest session).
-The game log for the session the bug occurred during. (This can be found in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game and will be the latest file if it happened in your latest session).

Thanks guys and keep up the awesome testing!

Miyamiya

10-22-2009

lol, sounds like an amazingly fun bug to get.

Corvus Corax

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamiya View Post
lol, sounds like an amazingly fun bug to get.
Haha, I think this is a secret summoner spell

Brad

10-23-2009

Mind control FTW

Black Mongoose

10-24-2009

Just had this happen in a game i was in. It was a practice game on Twisted Treeline. I forgot to get a list of players but it was the enemy's teams warwick that was affected. Our team also had a warwick but im pretty sure he was a ryze for part of the time we were in the leading screen with everyone. Our guy was able to play for awhile and then both players were disconnected.

Sorry I can't be more help game log is attached though.

Shingro

10-25-2009

I joined a game as a solo queue. PieceofCandy was listed as a Gangplank on my screen, I choose Chogorath, when it went to the loading screen I was immediately DCed, I closed out the game and reloaded, I connected to the loading screen as Chogorath and Candy's picture was blank, when I entered game there were 2 choggoraths, me and Candy, Candy never connected as far as I know, but I recived double text on anything said in chat, after walking to the south bushes it DCed me, after reconnecting I could see chat but couldn't move

once (presuambly) the game ended I could log back in properly and it said I was a leaver, that's a pretty sad thing for first thing after a reset :|

(I know you're busy but if I could get that leaver tag rolled off my account I'd be grateful >_>)

Flash Assault

10-26-2009

Just happened in a game I was in I was ashe and borque64 who was on my team was master yi and was the player I was playing as. I also experienced doubles on anything I typed in chat and though I reconnected multiple times could never stay connected for more than maybe 2-3 minutes and was always the wrong champion. The other 8 summoners were chensbcsb, fama, cucxiang, sleepwalker, gott, wolfLOL, the hamburglar, and chinawolf. game started maybe 30-40 minutes ago and eneded maybe 5-10.

edit: just uploaded all the logs that corresponded with the time of the game.

Nayuki

10-27-2009

Just happened to me about ten minutes ago with me as Gangplank (Nayuki) and got switched with a Morgana (Snuggler). The game only let me stay in for about ten seconds before kicking me and will not allow any reconnect attempts now. Stupid way to get a leave >.>

Not positive which log it is, so here...ah, can't be uploaded?

Edit: What a struggle to upload these...

Snuggler

10-27-2009

I joined a game as Morgana. I disconnected on game start and switched with the Morgana on the other team.

I was with Darhara, S****le, Leafblower, Champmcstudskin.

I ended up controlling Nayuki (also Morgana), Krippleton, Gurkenstein, McStinkle, Lexian.

Game was about 9:20 pm on Tuesday.

I could still chat with my team, play for a minute as the other toon and then it would freeze again.

Nayuki

10-27-2009

Ah! It was you! I was a Gangplank though, not Morgana, that's odd.