@Ziegler, the potential fix to Viktors Passive.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ˆMakotoˆ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

bump

Ziegler

Champion Designer

03-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys! I meant to reply to this, but I got super busy with some work. Thanks for all the feedback. I like a lot of the ideas here, and I'm actually quite in awe of the conviction you guys have towards making Viktor closer to the machine awesome that he is. We'll be looking into upgrades in his next tier augments in the coming future (Statikk and I have already started talking about this quite a bit), and will leverage a lot of this feedback to gauge if we're heading in the right direction.

The main areas we're looking to tackle, are as you guys have noted in this thread:
-- How to make choosing augments more effectively tackle choice in playstyle
-- Maintaining a sense of balance to Viktor, in the sense that we want to make sure that he's balance-able with specialized items.
-- Make item purchase choice and upgrade feel impactful, in the sense of "are you getting your gold/item slot's worth?"
-- Scaling Viktor into the late game more elegantly.
-- Making Viktor generally more usable, while keeping his skill ceiling high.

Thanks again for all the feedback, and as usual, keep it coming!! You guys rock.

Uber Bonisseur

03-05-2012

^
Red !

Mithos Le Héros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Viktor is extremely strong right now, you guys know that, right?

Redeemed In Fire

03-06-2012

Late here so I don't have much time to give feedback, but:

Q has horrible range for anything but tanky AP mage Viktor. And that's a stupid idea because A: viktor has no good long range poke (E really needs to be augment:death on glass cannon carry to be strong poke), and shield doesn't ever actually help in tanking harass significantly. Damage numbers for this are fine in glass cannon carry mode, but I feel like it's a bit at odds with the standoffish "toss lasers at enemy, ult from a distance once teamfight starts" feel in said mode.

W is pretty solid, I do like the idea of more range on it's augment, but the stats on it really suck for the role it wants to be in.

E is good, I honestly feel like once he gets his E augment the rest of his kit fades away a bit and he becomes a laser machine with... addons.

R - Can we maybe have bonuses on ult for second tier augments? If nothing else, would definitely help that theme and kit cohesiveness/scaling as well

As far as scaling in general, the main thing Viktor needs is scaling stats on his upgraded augments. 200 mana and 5 mp5 really sucks at level 18...

ˆMakotoˆ

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
hey guys! I meant to reply to this, but i got super busy with some work. Thanks for all the feedback. I like a lot of the ideas here, and i'm actually quite in awe of the conviction you guys have towards making viktor closer to the machine awesome that he is. We'll be looking into upgrades in his next tier augments in the coming future (statikk and i have already started talking about this quite a bit), and will leverage a lot of this feedback to gauge if we're heading in the right direction.

The main areas we're looking to tackle, are as you guys have noted in this thread:
-- how to make choosing augments more effectively tackle choice in playstyle
-- maintaining a sense of balance to viktor, in the sense that we want to make sure that he's balance-able with specialized items.
-- make item purchase choice and upgrade feel impactful, in the sense of "are you getting your gold/item slot's worth?"
-- scaling viktor into the late game more elegantly.
-- making viktor generally more usable, while keeping his skill ceiling high.

Thanks again for all the feedback, and as usual, keep it coming!! You guys rock.
Thanks for the reply .. i hope this idea section H elps in your ways of changing his passive <3  JOIN THEGLORIOUSEVOLUTION  Thanks ziegler.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

03-06-2012

What if he could trade in his Upgraded Augment for another one at the cost of 1k? Your E Augment might be good mid game, but eventually your team might want some initiations, so you trade in and get the W augment.

ˆMakotoˆ

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf link View Post
what if he could trade in his upgraded augment for another one at the cost of 1k? Your e augment might be good mid game, but eventually your team might want some initiations, so you trade in and get the w augment.
This is possible but I would prefer an augment as  though listed in my Original post. one that lets y ou actually EVOLVE your game play rather then just  upgrade 1 specific spell or something.

Arkrothe

03-06-2012

One thing i don't like about augment: Power is that Q is so low ranged, getting movespeed off it doesnt feel right, since if you can land a Q on an enemy, you can do all of you other spells too so that movement speed seems to go to waste in most conditions.

The only useable situation for it seems to be -
1. Using Q on a minion to catch up to someone farther away and use other spells on that guy, but this just waste one spell and therefore a lot of our potential damage.
2. Using it to run away but that seems too wasteful since we're using our passive as just an escape tool.

So that augment needs to be changed a bit.

ˆMakotoˆ

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkrothe View Post
one thing i don't like about augment: Power is that q is so low ranged, getting movespeed off it doesnt feel right, since if you can land a q on an enemy, you can do all of you other spells too so that movement speed seems to go to waste in most conditions.

The only useable situation for it seems to be -
1. Using q on a minion to catch up to someone farther away and use other spells on that guy, but this just waste one spell and therefore a lot of our potential damage.
2. Using it to run away but that seems too wasteful since we're using our passive as just an escape tool.

So that augment needs to be changed a bit.
This is true.  I noticed when I was fighting most  Ranged AP carries that before I could even toss my  Q, I was ALREADY being nuked by them, thus making  its initial range not nearly enough.  And the shi eld going to waste.  What good is a shield to miti gate damage if your taking the damage before the s hield even initiates.  On top of that, what good i s a minor speed boost when you have to get VERY cl ose to use it initially .. any good team will have  stuns, slows, ccs, so the second you use it .. yo u will probably already be stunned or slowed so yo u cant get away making the speed boost utterlly us eless in the first place.