Thoughts on Vladimir

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faytheless

07-27-2010

Is it possible to add more recognizable sounds to his Q and R?

The visuals for these spells are very quick. So in a team fight it feels like Vladimir sneaks his spells in during a team fight and it is very difficult to realize it until you see the large red puddle from Sanguine Pool.

What do you guys think?

Maybe add like a rip sound or just up the volume a little bit.
Anything to make it easier to realize what is occurring.

EDIT: Also his spells all seem to have a similar "exhale" sound which is a little tedious.

It just feels like you aren't getting any feedback when you are fighting him.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

07-28-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We're definitely always looking for ways we can add to gameplay. Are other people having a similar experience with his audio feedback?

Dysber

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
We're definitely always looking for ways we can add to gameplay. Are other people having a similar experience with his audio feedback?
his spells have sound effects? i thought it was unfinished like there is no range circle when i mouse over the abilites oO

sun shy

07-28-2010

I haven't noticed sound effects on Vlad's skills, also when he comes out of SP he still is invulnerable for about a second. I don't know if that's just a bug or how it is.

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
I think his ultimate should have a goopey/liquidy sound (like dropping something in a big bucket of water) to it to make it different that the rest of his skill set. You really want to know when it's cast on you.

Lehran Fye

07-29-2010

Yeah i think his sounds effects are lack luster and his ultimate sound alot like CAWCAWCAWCAW from fidle, maybe changing them to give a more unique feeling.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

07-29-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Great feedback all! We'll revisit his stuff to try and address your issues. Right now we are looking into a new hit sounds for 'q' and and change in volume balance for the ult.

Hearteater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I feel his Tides of Blood has the worst overall FX. It looks like he just did his normal auto-attack to everything around him, and his normal auto-attack is a dark, thin, short red line. Something meater, maybe a wave of blood expanding out from him.

Genxun

07-31-2010

Quote:
Great feedback all! We'll revisit his stuff to try and address your issues. Right now we are looking into a new hit sounds for 'q' and and change in volume balance for the ult.
OMG thank you! The sound of Vlad casting transfusion every 2 seconds is one of the most annoying things in LoL right now.

Faytheless

07-31-2010

Thank you for considering my suggestion!!