Awesome Nasus build, as suggested by Lee HWAITING

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

10-21-2009

So, I looked at Lee HWAITING's profile and saw a full page of wins, all with Nasus. After asking him how he built him, he gave me this, and let me just say this:
Pushing/tank Nasus is simply one of the best item/mastery builds for any character on this game. I have yet to lose with this, and in every given match, have the highest creep kills, lowest deaths, and most amount of assists in a game. In my honest opinion, (and I've tested multiple builds, multiple times, including this one) you shouldn't be running anything else but this.

Defensive Mastery Tree

Cleanse/Teleport

1 point into SS
Max SF
Max Wither

Doran's shield + hp pot at start
Chalice
Ninja tabi or Mercury's treads
3x Heart of Gold
Sell Dorans, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Aegis
Sell HoG, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Bashee's Veil.

You simply feel unstoppable. Forget that it doesn't add to siph strike damage blah blah blah, this build makes Nasus THE best pusher in the game, and one of the best initiators/tanks.

I don't even know how to lose with this build. So far the only soft counters have been morgana and Zilean, ONLY if they are both on the same team.

Basically if you like Nasus, and like winning, this build if for you.

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Agreed, but I normally have a teammate grab Aegis, so I get a Stark's. Much too useful to not take for team pushing.

DryPenguin

10-21-2009

Nothing about this build makes him a better pusher imo, he is a great pusher, but this doesn't really improve that as far as i can see. SF will be as effective a pusher tool with a different build.

If you read the builds in the most recent discussion under the very good long guide on the front page most of the discussed builds seem more effective. Not sure what makes this the definitive build, take a stock build from the other threads and you are adding sunfires to sacrafice attack speed and move speed and crit and only gaining a little HP.

Not saying the build sucks, just wondering why you think it is better, what is the key point of this build?

Krald

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryPenguin View Post
Nothing about this build makes him a better pusher imo, he is a great pusher, but this doesn't really improve that as far as i can see. SF will be as effective a pusher tool with a different build.

If you read the builds in the most recent discussion under the very good long guide on the front page most of the discussed builds seem more effective. Not sure what makes this the definitive build, take a stock build from the other threads and you are adding sunfires to sacrafice attack speed and move speed and crit and only gaining a little HP.

Not saying the build sucks, just wondering why you think it is better, what is the key point of this build?
Please for the love of God explain to me how taking Aegis and 2 Sunfire Capes doesn't make you a better pusher.

DryPenguin

10-21-2009

Ok, if you already kill an entire creep wave with one Spirit Fire how is it possible to improve on that? You kill them .5 seconds faster? By the time you drop your Spirit Fire and start walking to the next wave of creeps they are already dead, so the sunfires don't improve anything

Krald

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryPenguin View Post
Ok, if you already kill an entire creep wave with one Spirit Fire how is it possible to improve on that? You kill them .5 seconds faster? By the time you drop your Spirit Fire and start walking to the next wave of creeps they are already dead, so the sunfires don't improve anything
First of all, yes, the sunfire capes do drastically improve the rate that creeps die, and it IS worth it. Creeps dying after 4 ticks of SF<Creeps dying nearly instantly.

Second, sunfire capes just add to the ridiculousness of your ultimate's damage in teamfights. Don't forget about the damage to champions.

Third, Aegis is Aegis. Every tank should get one every game, that is unless someone else has it already in their build. It makes your creeps particularly nasty in pushes, and gives a ridiculously cheap bonus in mitigation for the whole team.

All I'm saying, is that Lee is a top player, plays against top ELO players, and hasn't lost a match since the patch with this build, and neither have I.

Just..Try it out = )

DryPenguin

10-21-2009

Well of course I will try it, but still don't see the trade off. Sure sunfires are nice, but you are trading minor AoE damage and HP for MUCH more single target damage from other items. I guess ultimately it comes down to playstyle. I personally am not a huge fan of money builds, but get why many people love them.

If the sunfire tics added lifesteal through his passive I would jump on this and never look back

Gonna try it and again, not knocking it. Just looking at it from a comparison perspective and don't see a massive benefit from switching to it from my current build. I will respond again after I try it though, just doing a little theoryLoLing

Grinningsphinx

10-21-2009

Ill have to second the sunfire capes....its the interaction with his AOE aura that pushes it over the top..the health lets you stay in the fight a lonnng time.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

You can already farm pretty well with just the chalice, I don't see any justification to get 3 heart of gold when you can just farm for the items that would replace them easily

Raistlynn

10-21-2009

Meki and 2 health pots is a much better start... and warmogs instead of one of the sunfires and throwing in a guardian over the banshee's is a better choice for such a huge tank build... when you have 5k hp 150ish MR and 300ish armor, and you kill half their team solo with your ult and finally die... gg guardian.

12345 ... 9