@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rausdower

03-01-2012

Do want Omen

Zenehre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Bumping for Omen, because his visual design is leaps and bounds more interesting than any of the past few releases.

Fumouffu

03-03-2012

I totally thought this thread got revived so that there would be two competitive noodle threads at the same time.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-03-2012
62 of 62 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
So much win in this statement... Too bad that Riot almost NEVER listens to the community... The only times I've seen them listen is when we complained about Xerath's skins and Haunting Nocturne's Duskbringer...

Other than that, they don't really give 2 ****s about what we want... It's so sad... I'd insta-buy Omen... Seriously
I'm sorry.. we don't listen to our community?

I.. I'm a little hurt by that.

IS16e7c68f67142a

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

That man doesn't speak for all of us.

We <3 you, IronStylus

saeval

03-03-2012

you listen, he's just upset. Riot most definitely listens.

Darksyde

03-03-2012

Quote:

Well you don't listen to a majority of you community. Seems like the only thing you change something for our benefit it's only because you can make a profit off it. Obviously you are a business and you need to make a profit but your greed will undoubtedly lead to your demise. Look at WoW. Blizzards greed has destroyed that game over the years and now its losing subscribers like crazy. It'll be dead soon and that makes me sad because when I started playing it 7 years ago it was the best game I think I've ever played. Basically what I'm saying is listen to your community more and stop thinking so much about profits. They will come naturally if you just keep your consumers happy and stop trying to exploit us.

Edit: To clarify one more point. Just because you think omen was a bad idea...doesn't mean we do. This goes for many other things *cough* magma chamber *cough*. Don't be afraid to release something just because you think we won't like it because chances are you will be wrong. The things you HAVE released for us are the things that not as many people like. I don't know anyone who actually plays dominion but that doesn't mean no one likes it. You are never gonna please ALL your players but that doesn't mean you should cancel things that would make some of us happy. I personally don't like dominion at all and would've much preferred magma chamber or even a team deathmatch mode where it's nothing but PvP until one team runs out of lives. Would this please everyone? No, but neither did dominion. Hopefully you understand the point I'm trying to make.

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

Quote:

Only fools who disregard the positives in favor of the negatives in life actually think anything like that. Anyone who's been around or done a little looking into the past can see Riot has gone above and beyond what anyone should reasonably expect from a game company when it comes to listening to the community. Look at things like Leona (massive community request for female tank champion), Suprise Party Fiddlesticks (huge support thread for the skin), and Dominion (tons of begging for new game modes). Other game companies would have likely ignored the requests in favor of making more bland stuff to appeal to the majority demographics to make money.

I'm more than a little amused at the fact that people don't understand that not every idea with a couple thousand supporters doesn't get made. Especially when it comes to this particular idea: the major issues with Omen were stated again and again by Riot posters and then handily showcased by the large numbers of posts saying they thought that he was supposed to be melee with a leap/bite or some kind of assassin rather than the actual intended role. The fact that Riot folks were willing to come and discuss a shelved idea at all rather than saying something like "nope, not gonna work, it's been decided, bye" is proof positive that Riot cares a hell of a lot more about their community than other game companies.

Reiver

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Take Kog'maw for instance: Kog'maw's visual analogue is a puppy which gave him personality. He's also a cannon - which solves #1 neatly. Being slightly weak at looking unique is fine - because you know, being a puppy cannon compensates for that.
Puppy Cannon Kog'Maw skin confirmed.

SteelerKing

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Morello is dating Leona.
I see leona nerf coming.