My mastery page is never what i actually chose?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vigoor

02-17-2012

Every time i play a game and select a mastery page for some reason it decides to choose a different page? Anyone else having this problem? It's really starting to screw me over and i'm not sure why it's happening

Vigoor

02-17-2012

nobody else having this problem?

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

it's a common bug actually, i know two of my buds have had this happen

Vigoor

02-17-2012

Well my problem is it happens a lot...i'll end up playing an ap with ad masteries. Is there a known fix or what?

itwasthatguy

02-17-2012

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with my masteries as well...

yamlax

03-01-2012

me2

RiotLykaeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Spectator Operator, eSports

03-01-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I am having a difficult time trying to get this to happen.

Can you think of anything in particular that you did that may have caused this? Any habits in how you set your masteries, anything?

Spyke42

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLykaeus View Post

Can you think of anything in particular that you did that may have caused this? Any habits in how you set your masteries, anything?
A similar thing that happens to me is when I edit my mastery page it doesn't automatically select that page anymore; I have to manually change it. This caused me to frequently select the wrong page (been happening since mastery page rework). I have gotten the hang of it by now, but it was terrible when it first started.

Dr Clueless PhD

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLykaeus View Post

Hey, I've had this happen once or twice, but it hasn't been in a patch or two. I'll give what info I can, to see if it can help. It seems inconsistent with what brings it on, but every time it HAS happened has been:

1. On my second game after launching the client.
2. First game, I select the Mastery page without using the edit button at all.
3. Second game, I select a different Mastery page without using the edit button at all.

I've tried replicating this, and it looks like there's another factor to it I can't pinpoint, because just following these steps doesn't do it. I do know that these are common to each time I've had it happen, but they are not the only things defining it.

Lyanna Stark

03-01-2012

I've experienced this, and I believe I have a temporary fix until Riot figures out what's happening:

After deciding which mastery page you want to use, click to edit your masteries. Take a point away on the page you want to use, click save and use, then put the point back. You should now be using the correct page.