@Morello - Ezreal QoL changes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kafungus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Hey Morello, you mentioned in a thread a while back that Ezreal might be in line for some Quality of Life changes. Now that he's no longer #1 in China (from what I hear, Caitlyn is), maybe he might be in the right place for them?

I don't think he needs much, just some mana cost adjustment or extra mana regen. He doesn't have the mana pool to match his low cooldowns, or to keep his passive up during an extended maneuvering period before a teamfight. Maybe adding a second to the duration of his passive would help as well. Maybe also make his W add a stack of RSF whenever he uses it, too. Or heck, maybe you want to buff him and have his W apply to himself. Then you can ignore all the other changes I've asked for, because that would be amazing (and unfortunately, just a bit OP).

I just can't help but look at Graves, with his 80% attack speed buff that is instantly applied for 50 mana, who has nearly as much mobility and good teamfighting poking capability (more damage per unit of mana on his Q) AND a decent level of utility with his W. With a powerhouse like Graves out there, is it too much to ask that Ezreal have the mana to keep his passive up? Or to reposition with Arcane Shift? Or actually apply his W in a level 9 skirmish and still have mana for poking or his ult?

Look, he doesn't have the utility to compete as an AP carry, not when nearly every popular choice has the ability to apply hard CC. So very few people, I believe, build him AP. The few that do would be happy about a mana boost as well. They'd probably also be happy if you allowed them to actually clear a wave with his ult. GP can do it, Lux can do it, so it's not something against global ults.

And to keep people from claiming I have no skill with Ezreal and can't conserve my mana, I rarely do go OOM at any phase of the game. Only during extended fights. But that's because I don't use all my skills because they cost too much. That's what this is about. Ezreal uses so much mana I'm afraid to use his abilities on CD other than just hitting Q to keep his passive up.

Anyways, it's late, and I'm rambling, but Ezreal's my favorite champion, so I'd appreciate it if you'd give him just enough love that he'll be more fun to play, but he won't become the flavor of the month.

TL;DR:: Ezreal needs some skill cost adjustments or a minor mana buff. His mana issues are way too serious for a champ with a passive that requires constantly casting, low cooldowns, and a cooldown reducer. All that says spam, Ezreal's mana pool says don't.

Alaric11

02-29-2012

Manamune!

Grellmax

02-29-2012

Manamune = waste of his early game (all he has basically) while building bad items to get another bad item.

nvmvoidrays

02-29-2012

>ctrl+f
>crit
>0 of 0

+1 for the OP.

Kafungus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmvoidrays View Post
>ctrl+f
>crit
>0 of 0

+1 for the OP.
Yeah, some people just want their champ to be OP, I guess. Really though, all I feel he needs are some minor tweaks to bring him up to par with the stronger AD carries. He'd be a stupidly overpowered hypercarry if his Q could crit, or scaled off of crit. As it stands right now, he DOES fall off slightly compared to Vayne, Kog'Maw, and Graves. Kog'Maw is okay, because he's even squishier and he lacks mobility. But I HAVE to run mana regen per 18 runes on Ezreal to enable his lategame as an AD carry, which makes him squishier; or I have to build a mana regen item, which makes me fall behind the other AD carry.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-29-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Something like this is the type of direction we'd consider, yeah. I'll bring this up with live folks and see what they think the risk is.

Kafungus

02-29-2012

Awesome! My first Red reply! Thanks for reading my post. Maybe we could try the changes out on the PBE, because I wouldn't want him to be overpowered. I love not having to compete to pick him in games too much.

Ugliest Weenie

02-29-2012

How about some MF QoL changes, too? All her skills (except W) take a lot of mana, and E is also considered useless among pro players and I would also add that it is unreasonably mana hungry skill. So, how about lower cost on E and/or faster cast time (meaning she doesn't stand there while they close distance) so that she can at least try to escape from the angry mob?

EDIT: Also, Q could get range increase so that it has the same range as autoattack.

Of course, I'm not asking about ulti (which is excellent in mid game, but useless in late game) change, as that would not be QoL change.

pronomore

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Something like this is the type of direction we'd consider, yeah. I'll bring this up with live folks and see what they think the risk is.
Now is our chance community tell him what you want!

PuLSFIRE eZREAL WHERE?

Sergar

02-29-2012

Be jungle Ezreal.
Hoard Blue Buff.
Brutalizer, Lucidity.
Fire off Mystic Shots every 2.4 seconds with near-infinite mana.
Problem?