Fiora looks super boring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StandAloneX

02-29-2012

Why would I choose a Melee Carry over a Ranged AD Carry?

Mobility > Positioning?

And what's the difference between Assassin and Melee Carry? Burst Damage vs DPS?

And one more... You say you haven't made a melee carry since the game came out. Was Nocturne not a melee carry?

Morello

Lead Designer

02-29-2012
6 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Quick question morello, how competent in the jungle is she?

also, why ya up so late/early?
Can do it, but is a bit slow. It's something I wanna watch on launch.

Conversely though, she's a good top lane. It'd be cool if she could do both well.

Kuroi kiri

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Conversely though, she's a good top lane. It'd be cool if she could do both well.
phreak didnt jungle her or build trinity =(

SBEB

02-29-2012

@Morello

Don't you agree that all of the melee champions released in a long time have had mind numbingly similiar skill sets and require little to no adjustment between them aside from whether or not you build them tanky or AD.

XhyHzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Quote:

How does she do in bottom lane Morello or is she forced into top more or less?

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Quote:
It's personal utility, not team. Frankly, super DPS characters shouldn't be bringing control to the team as well.
why does tryndamere have an AOE -80 damage debuff + slow? (on a single skill)

Super Explosion

02-29-2012

Quote:
It does a lot in the type of character they are, yeah. You're using "carry" to describe the ability to carry a game, where in this since it's a role definition.

If it's more clear, I mean squishy auto-attack melee.
Gangplank can build either role-- tanky fighter, or squishy DPS.
Both have worked at all ELO levels.
He is a reasonably versatile champion who can jungle, top lane, and even support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
I think they're a little too focused on making particular "classes" of champions, with similar roles and abilities.

They need a bit more diversity and multicolor now, otherwise people will definitely get bored.

Player choice is always the way to go in games, restrictive classing ends up being more of a hindrance in the long run, despite being easy to balance.

WoW gets away with it because they have a huge amount of environments and enemies to put your class to the test. LoL not so much.

WoW has also started to release new versatile classes, starting location, and continent in the new expansion. It's an expression of the realization that player choice, adaptability, and empowerment are the most long-term fun.

TheTactician

02-29-2012

With very few other auto-attackers what was the thought behind making Reposte parry AA's? When I first read it I was excited thinking it was a spell shield with a damage return, then I re-read it. I feel the ability will prove lack luster when your enemies just stun you when you reposte and leave you be till it wears off, or avoid you. Also was phreak pronouncing that right? Reposte Reposte. It rolls off the tongue so dirty that way.

Iceciro

02-29-2012

I'm interested in Fiora, but I do question her role in the current meta, with no way to mitigate the large crowd control. Even Yi can't be slowed (which saves his butt more than you'd think) in his ult.

Second question: why is she 'slow' in the jungle? A melee carry should be doing devastating amounts of damage, which doesn't bring the idea 'slow' to my mind. Why should I play her instead of Gankplank, who has solid melee damage, slows from his passive, increased gold gain, and a global ult?

TrickMagnet

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankokukai View Post
why does tryndamere have an AOE -80 damage debuff + slow? (on a single skill)
trynd doesn't have a targeted gap closer like irelia or xin do for instance. and unlike either champ his slow can be baited and otherwise wasted. both champs also have a harder form of cc as well, even though it's single target.

trynd without some form of a slow would get kited even harder than he already can be. which would be absurd.