AP Alistar, Hit like a truck? Nonono, he was hit BY a truck.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
I know! I hate when I only want to play AD Janna but late game i just become just a cc and shield bot....You know, the way shes meant to be played.

Ap Garen too, HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE AP RATIOS? WTF RIOT

/sarcasm
You are, undoubtedly, the most unoriginal and unfunny person I have seen on the LoL forums in a long time. Feel bad, feel very, very bad.

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

Funny enough, I HAVE seen triforce jungle Alistars more often than you'd think recently...

Ossus

02-29-2012

Quote:
I know! I hate when I only want to play AD Janna but late game i just become just a cc and shield bot....You know, the way shes meant to be played.

/sarcasm
I'm sorry but do you imply that champs with specified purposes in mind cannot also be played in alternative ways when required? I mean it's not like Singed is meant ONLY to be played as a tank, sometimes he's an AP bruiser.

Hell before his ult changes he was one mean AD bruiser.

Khorus

02-29-2012

When he was 1:1 on both ratios I knew he was op and I couldn't stand playing against him. He was basically better than AP Sion in every way: They both had AoE nukes, but Alistair's stunned everyone around him, he didn't have to wait and it was guaranteed to work. They both had targeted nukes but Alistair's could knock people back to his team, or could be used in the combo doing a freakin' Maphite ulti, ****ing over everyone who got hit. They both had heal's but Alistair's CD was much faster, healed more pretty much, and could still be used even if there were no enemy creeps nearby. AND they both got survivablilty, Sion gets a bit of health from his E but in the end game that only constitutes about 10-20% of his total health and sure he has that shield but Alistair's ultimate was ~60% reduced damage. It was just too much.

When he had 0.8 on headbutt and 0.7 he was great, I totally lightened up to AP Ali. I mean sure he had moments when he felt like he was op but every champion does if they get fed. Sure on paper a character that can deal damage, really disrupt an enemy team and can tank for a bit might seem op but in practice it wasn't so impressive. You can make any character seem ridiculous if you only mention their good points. Alistair had a really bad laning phase, he was really only a counter-pick champ. And even then he was only a counter-pick because he wouldn't get destroyed by the other lane, that's not to say he would win. His damage was surpassed by any other AP as well so he really fell off. But when you consider where he was before, you just decided that was in a good place.

But now he's nothing. I don't enjoy playing with AP Alistair, I tolerate it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-29-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
competitive play for the wrong reason. as a support he's strong. as AP he's meh.

that ultimate change REALLY messed him up as well
This is part of the expectation that's just off - Alistar has fantastic utility...lane sustain, CC and movement manipulation. It stands to reason that a champion like this shouldn't have mega-damage - where would the trade-off be?

Our most problematic characters are ones with ill-defined or straight-up missing weaknesses. old AP Alistar is a great example of this. A character full of utility is typically brought for the utility, and I really don't see any problem with that.

Laue

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is part of the expectation that's just off - Alistar has fantastic utility...lane sustain, CC and movement manipulation. It stands to reason that a champion like this shouldn't have mega-damage - where would the trade-off be?

Our most problematic characters are ones with ill-defined or straight-up missing weaknesses. old AP Alistar is a great example of this. A character full of utility is typically brought for the utility, and I really don't see any problem with that.
So, what is Kennen's weakness?

AugustDV

02-29-2012

Quote:

/sarcasm
You're a moron. AD Janna is a powerful top lane pick.

Ossus

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laue View Post
So, what is Kennen's weakness?
Longer Cooldowns?

Opreich

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

So how exactly did he last 3 years with 2 1:1 ratios without nerfs.

AugustDV

02-29-2012

Quote:

/sarcasm
You're a moron. AD Janna is a powerful top lane pick.

My two points are undoubtedly unrelated.