New Announcer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yeorwned

10-19-2009

Not a fan of the new annoucer personally. Rather than letting people set this client side and such, why not rotate through the two you have now randomly and future also added?

nSwarm

10-19-2009

Not a huge fan of the new announcer. To be honest I actually prefer the old one even with the "OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNING OWNED~"

Also, female announcer imo, Can pull off some different styles with a female voice besides the intense overacted sports broadcaster deal.

I don't personally see any downsides to client side announcers. Sure you're not all hearing the same voice but... so? Better that the "TRIPLE KILL" ringing in your ears gets your blood pumping.

Holypope

10-20-2009

He sounds exactly like the announcer in Gauntlet (Ps2 version).

I like it for single-word phrases like "Awesome!" or "Godlike" but it sounds kinda silly when speaking whole sentences. Perhaps the acting/voice modulations could be scaled depending on the type of line being delivered? Or maybe a different voice could handle longer phrases?

AwesomeMcRad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Like I've been saying for the last month... we need a sultry air hostess softly whispering our announcements into our ears while playing XD

Riptwisted

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeMcRad View Post
Like I've been saying for the last month... we need a sultry air hostess softly whispering our announcements into our ears while playing XD
i would like this. why cant we just buy different annoucers from the store??!?!?!?!?!

RiotJeffJew

Content Producer

10-21-2009
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Updated the front page - new announcer in the next build, let me know what you think!

modrus

10-21-2009

Great! let's see what you brought up this time!

eXes

10-21-2009

Bring it on

L0CUST

The Council

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJeffJew View Post
Updated the front page - new announcer in the next build, let me know what you think!
Is it a cutie voice?

Changief

10-21-2009

i hope you took our advice and got Morgan Freeman.