@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Perenolde

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemaw View Post
i think we should replace leona with omen. Agree?
ಠ_ಠ

Jayjayko

02-25-2012

im sorry to say but that little dog-like creature could never be on par with the heros of the League :/ . It honestly looks like some small dog, and yeah there could be thousands just like it in the void. I honestly think it should at least get x3 in size or some demonic-like humanoid trainer as it's master that walks with it?

Also to note, since alot of work was already put into Omen, why not just release him as a 3150 squishy ranged DPS champ? Toss alittle lore on it and Bam, more money for you guys from the omen fanatics

Darkwahn

02-25-2012

I wish I couldve posted when this thread was full of red activity. Lots of awesome seeming champs have been thrown away unfortunately (Spider Queen, Tabu, Averdrian) All of which seem like they couldve been largely unique/interesting champs to have in the game. Meh, oh well. Id still really like to see a Dark Knight, type champ made sometime. He wouldnt even be hard to visually design/ champ design for.

Stormblind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
yeah. not unheard of for a melee champ to have a ranged harass. i think omen should be released along with stealth rework. (hopefully that doesn't mean never)
Unsure if sarcastic. Just incase: Gangplank

Kidaris

02-25-2012

Quote:
1. He doesn't look like any role in particular.

Is he a fighter? Is he ranged? If he's a fighter, why does he shoot spines? If he's ranged, why is he so spindly?
Couldn't that mean that Omen could be a champion like Vladimir? Who is ranged but has defensive capibilties?

DoctaTran

02-25-2012

This thread is so full of Red win that is is exemplary of exactly why I love Riot Games.
Best.
<3

Zaunga

02-25-2012

I've been really watching threads on this champ and after all the red posts on why he was cancelled I think I may have some ideas . I'm a true lover of beastly characters and have been roleplaying them for years so Omen is right up my alley of a champ I would love to see . I however dont see him being a ranged champ so that part I do agree with reds on .But diffinately feel those spikes would have to be used so I'm thinking melee with ranged poke or ult or maybe something similar to cho's vorpal spikes . Anyway think I'm gonna work on a concept of my own and see what people think about it

Nezgul

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
...we going there?

ಠ_ಠ
Ah-ha.

I figured that's strike a nerve.

Leona is to you what Omen is to like, 95% of the people in this thread. :3

Flamell

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezgul View Post
Ah-ha.

I figured that's strike a nerve.

Leona is to you what Omen is to like, 95% of the people in this thread. :3
Except Omen was never released so everything we know about it is well pretty much non-existent. We have some artwork of him and that is about all. What people seemed to be attached to is the concept not Omen himself. So I would assume something like him could come out. Riot stated just because it didn't work for Omen doesn't mean it was not going to work at all, they take the stuff that does work and could potentially add it to a future champion who would be similar.

Nezgul

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamell View Post
Except Omen was never released so everything we know about it is well pretty much non-existent. We have some artwork of him and that is about all. What people seemed to be attached to is the concept not Omen himself. So I would assume something like him could come out. Riot stated just because it didn't work for Omen doesn't mean it was not going to work at all, they take the stuff that does work and could potentially add it to a future champion who would be similar.
I'm aware. I was trying to be humorous and tease him.

Jeez >.>