@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awestin View Post
Who would want Omen over Riven, that's retarded.....
I would. Evil crawling monster or white-haired waifu?

Easy choice.

Town hall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awestin View Post
Who would want Omen over Riven, that's retarded.....
Lies! Blasphemy!

Bonestorm

02-25-2012

Any plans for new skins for Soraka, Cassio or Trundle?

Mulldozer5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

new champion idea: Hockey player who was bitter that his sport isn't popular outside of Canada.
Go.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-25-2012
56 of 62 Riot Posts

Quote:
MUST...BALANCE...LORE...MECHANICS
OP LORE!
I don't think anyone has talked about lore in this thread - so I'm confused as to what angle you're coming from.

We're talking about character visuals. Visuals are kind of important for a game because they set expectations for gameplay. A thin dude with a ranged weapon? Is probably ranged. A beefy dude with an sword? Probably sturdy and hits you from melee.

Visuals also provide immersion and the feeling of uniqueness. Am I playing a generic unit? or am I playing with a character who has his own thoughts and signature style?

Ein

Senior Recruiter

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Bacon Noodles?
Beef Pho Beats all!!

IVIalice

02-25-2012

I want build flexible champs... YI SION NIDA !!!

Heil Teemo

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I don't think anyone has talked about lore in this thread - so I'm confused as to what angle you're coming from.

We're talking about character visuals. Visuals are kind of important for a game because they set expectations for gameplay. A thin dude with a ranged weapon? Is probably ranged. A beefy dude with an sword? Probably sturdy and hits you from melee.

Visuals also provide immersion and the feeling of uniqueness. Am I playing a generic unit? or am I playing with a character who has his own thoughts and signature style?
I honestly think you should make a dude who carries a big sword... and throws it. He does absolutely nothing melee. I'd play the hell out of this theoretical champ.

Pokeprof

02-25-2012

Also, am I the only one that wouldn't mind more champions that could go between Melee and Mage like Sion can? I mean I do agree with the fact that it doesn't make much sense in terms of his looks and caring around a giant hammer, but i'd still like a champion that I could go 'hey, let's have you be a mage this round and a Physical Carry the next!'

I think on of the better champions who can do this and actually repersents it pretty well would be TF. Card's aren't exactly something that you'd consider a weapon (Less your named Gambit) so I could easily see how both Physical and Magical versions can be seen from him and fit the current set up that Riot has for champion design. Just my two cents.

StormbreathDragn

02-25-2012

So, are you guys allowed to talk about some of the scrapped mechanics behind some champions? Like, what were some of Omen's abilities? Or what were the early problems with Vayne and Skarner that had to be worked out? I'm always interested in hearing about game mechanics and character abilities that the devs think up but then decide never to use (for one reason or another).