@riot: Throwing Omen away for Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

St Demonbane

02-24-2012

I was on the league of legends wiki today looking at fiora's stats, and noticed that there was a champion under the cancelled area that i hadn't seen before so i checked it out. It turned out to be a Void-like creature that was canceled http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Omen and riven was made in his place. I cant help but get angered that a sweet looking champion was tossed aside for another noxian, there are now 9 noxian champions in league but only 4 related to the void. Can we see Omen made really soon?, or is a sweet champion going to collect dust on the shelves?

dumponursoul

02-24-2012

bad decision imo.

killsteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

It is said that Omen is not completely removed, but shelved for the moment until they can make him fully desirable by all Riot Staff members, as only 50% supported his release at the time.

St Demonbane

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killsteel View Post
It is said that Omen is not completely removed, but shelved for the moment until they can make him fully desirable by all Riot Staff members, as only 50% supported his release at the time.
yes but with only 50% support, unless we get together and upvote them actually creating him, he'll most likely not see the light of day for ages.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-24-2012
1 of 62 Riot Posts

That particular entry is fairly erroneous. Riven wasn't created in response to her gap - but her production schedule was bumped up a month because he got cancelled.

I lost a month of potential dev time because Omen was cancelled - Fairly annoying from my end - She's a worse character because of it because suddenly all our timelines got compressed.

Opreich

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
That particular entry is fairly erroneous. Riven wasn't created in response to her gap - but her production schedule was bumped up a month because he got cancelled.

I lost a month of potential dev time because Omen was cancelled - Fairly annoying from my end.
This is the first official red post that even mentions Omen.

Are you going to get fired?

EDIT: You also always edit your posts after posting them. Just something that I noticed. :x

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-24-2012
2 of 62 Riot Posts

Quote:
This is the first official red post that even mentions Omen.

Are you going to get fired?
Hm. Well, Zileas was the one who gave the GDC talk about Omen - so no, I don't think so - though admittedly, I could be off.

Charles Barklius

02-24-2012

Quote:
Hm. Well, Zilean was the one who gave the GDC talk about Omen - so no, I don't think so - though admittedly, I could be off.
You should really act on that expanded lore/ability graphic thing for Riven
I would throw money at the screen for it true story

Liquid Fox

02-24-2012

Quote:

I lost a month of potential dev time because Omen was cancelled - Fairly annoying from my end - She's a worse character because of it because suddenly all our timelines got compressed.
Still though, will we ever see Omen? He's amazing looking, that would definitely be an awesome champion.

Monstrous champions are ftw.

Xoripan

02-24-2012

i want a champ named xypherous before he gets fired