Basics to playing as a good Swain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bork9128

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Sassycat View Post
Folly said play passively before six but i have to disagree. Say your versing an annie, for instance. You have boots, and she has dorans. Because your faster than her you can harrass easily, so you shouldn't be afraid to wait for her to try and q farm and then just e q harrass her. With ignite and an enemy caster that has wasted there cooldowns to farm (which seems to be the norm these days, pushing the hell out of your lane to try and deny creeps) you can easily get a kill with your full combo. You can even do it with just e if you have enough ms and are smart about it.
So yeah basically I'd say don't play passively but play it smart. Whenever the enemy leaves themselves open take that opportunity to strike unless the cost is too great ie losing part of a huge creep wave to your tower. Swain seems to do really well early game because of his toolkit and, if given the opportunity, you should take advantage of that.
that plan only works against other short range casters which are rare now
against nearly all long range casters passive last hitting is kind of required

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

I agree that you can definitely be aggressive pre-6 but you're not going to get kills against a good player unless they are being aggressive and you catch them out of position which definitely happens against maniac brand and cass players who go for the throat all the time.

The mobafire guide is solid. I've tested a lot of variation on builds from that guide and I just keep on going back to it. The only variance I make is on the will of the ancients. I build that a little earlier. I'm a huge fan of it with most AP carries and its synergy with his ult is amazing. Oh, I'm at a quarter health? Not anymore....triple kill.

I've really looked for a way to get rid of RoA. I just can't. He needs the mana and he needs the extra durability going into the mid game. And believe me, as dumb as it is I am quick to go a little more to the glass cannon side. Maybe I will try getting catalyst and skipping right into getting my cap instead of going full RoA. That will get me to WotA and ZH faster. I just need to hog that blue buff. Which I do anyway.

General Sassycat

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bork9128 View Post
that plan only works against other short range casters which are rare now
against nearly all long range casters passive last hitting is kind of required
Apart from Xerath and brand I've never really had problems with any mid casters as swain. And Xerath is only a problem because my camera isn't on my enemy caster in passive laning so i don't see the start of his animation.
I find most casters just throw out their stuff and you pretty much dodge it and walk up to them.

iDerp Solo

02-24-2012

I generally level Q first and E second, with just a single level in W until late in the game.
I use the Ultimate in 2 situations before the end game phase: either when attempting to finish off a champ that is below half heath, or when I am fleeing from multiple champs.