How to Play AD Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

02-23-2012

Do ranged ad carries still have their place in dom?
perhaps not as compulsory as SR's current meta
but looking forward to play them for a while

currently I've been following Chaox's standard carry build and replace greaves end game for another phantom dancers.

so far, I've seen good ad players who dished out extreme damage under the protection of tanks/initiators at the front line.

any tips or suggestions would be nice considering this map is maybe dangerous for ad carries due to roaming assassins and tanky dps with gap closers

like:
1.who should I start with regarding this role?
2.who do you think is the best ad carry all around? (early-mid-late)
3.who do you think is the not so good ad carry all around? (early-mid-late)
4.what other item options would you consider for ad carries in dominion?

zionist shill

02-23-2012

If you have a tank or someone to stop them from reaching you then yes. But if you have a team full of squishies you're ****ed.

TokinPrez

02-23-2012

They still work on Dom but are seen less because honestly running a bevy of tanky dps is just easier to win with at least against less coordinated teams.

I feel that you need a strong front line that can disrupt and peel for you if your going ranged AD and that some shine more then others if were talking top. Kog is fantastic, Vayne can be good but harder to play, graves is fairly beefy. Ashe with the right comp can do well.

Im a bit partial to kog and have had a lot of fun running strong bruisers/tanks and playing protect the kog as he shreds people apart and carries.

So yea they are still good but just harder to do well with over just going a bruiser or even some of the better AP picks on Dom.

Just from what I seen anyways.

HaIfhearted

02-23-2012

I find Kog'maw to be quite good at Dom.

He has the range to put the hurt out while not totally exposing himself to the numerous gap-closers that run rampant in Dom, his ult lets him stop caps from complete safety, and a well-placed void ooze can really help turn the tide of a fight by bringing an entire team to a crawl.

As long as you have good positioning, Kog will absolutely WRECK teams after he gets his first couple of items.

1.who should I start with regarding this role?
I would say Kog, Ez, Graves, or Vayne.
-Kog is good for the combination of range and damage that lets you stay safe while still being able to kill stuff.
-Ez has strong, safe poke, a blink, and a global interrupt, although he falls off lategame.
-Graves has the range problems, but he comes packing natural bulk and high burst to help fight off the numerous bruisers.
-Vayne is a strong duelist and anti-tank like Kog, although she's a bit less safe due to her range.

2.who do you think is the best ad carry all around? (early-mid-late)
Of the 3 I listed above, I would say Kog or Graves.

3.who do you think is the not so good ad carry all around? (early-mid-late)
Probably Miss Fortune. She is not only squishy and has short range, but also has no escapes.

4.what other item options would you consider for ad carries in dominion?
I personally use a standard AD carry build, with a few modifications.

I start Zerkers, and depending on the enemy team I'll get either a Brawlers glove, Null-Magic Mantle, or Longsword.
-Null-Magic is for an early Wits end if they have a lot of magic damage.
-Longsword is for a fast Lightbringer if they have Akali/Talon/Shaco.
-Brawlers goes into Zeal for everything else.

After the AS item I go straight into Infinity, and after that it's completely situational.

Against teams with multiple burst assassins, say if a team has both Leblanc, Kassadin, and Talon, I might do Wits End -> Triforce -> Frozen Mallet -> Atmas.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

If you're good on AD in SR, you will be very good on Dominion, but you need a good teamfight, orbwalk, etc. and you need the correct team built up around you.

Pantazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
If you're good on AD in SR, you will be very good on Dominion, but you need a good teamfight, orbwalk, etc. and you need the correct team built up around you.
I will usually only pick vayne if I am last pick, and both team comps are viable for me to play with

Buddha Belly

02-23-2012

get someone to play malaphite and guard you. Proceed with the lulz.

AO Alt

02-23-2012

Ezreal is a really solid pick, so is Vayne and to a lesser extent Kogmaw.

konfetarius

02-24-2012

Trist treats me very well on Dominion. Great range, great steroid, + 2 ways to peel bruisers. Rocket Jump can also work rather fantastically at snowballing the first fight if your team can focus fire.

Isleen

02-24-2012

I run Caitlyn bottom in Dom, rarely have any trouble.