Can Blitzcrank pull an enemy out of a snare?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

202halffound

02-22-2012

Title

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

02-22-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes he can. Snares/roots only prevent the enemy from using their movement spells but you are still free to use any knock backs or pulls to move them around.

Unless you're asking if a root will cancel once they're hit by a knock back in which case the answer is no.

202halffound

02-22-2012

Okay, thanks

I guess my awesome Blitz + Lux bot kill lane idea will work then...

Slogra

02-22-2012

^That bird posts as fast as it flys^

Kreshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwww Yeaaaaahh View Post
Yes he can. Snares/roots only prevent the enemy from using their movement spells but you are still free to use any knock backs or pulls to move them around.

Unless you're asking if a root will cancel once they're hit by a knock back in which case the answer is no.
oh, wait, then whats the difference beetween root and snare?

EverythingIsData

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreshel View Post
They are interchangeable terms, along with "immobilize". I prefer to call them "roots", since sometimes people think that "snare" means a slow, which is different.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreshel View Post
As far as I know, "root" is only used once in the actual game: to describe Amumu's ultimate which prevents both movement and basic attacks.

Polaritie

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
As far as I know, "root" is only used once in the actual game: to describe Amumu's ultimate which prevents both movement and basic attacks.
Yeah, root is an MMO term that gets used here because it's generally understood and short to type.

ladygagaissexy

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor402 View Post
They are interchangeable terms, along with "immobilize". I prefer to call them "roots", since sometimes people think that "snare" means a slow, which is different.
I believe Amumu's ulti is an "immobilize", and is the only one in the game. It prevents movement and basic attacks as opposed to a snare which prevents movement and ability use.

Trotan

02-22-2012

On a side note, when Awwww Yeaaaaahh answers a question on the redtracker, do you hear a voice in your head answer the question as "Awwww Yeaaaaahh"

"Can Blitzcrank pull an enemy out of a snare?"

"Awwww Yeaaaaahh"