@RIOT: Seriously Fix Galio's Ult Issue...PLEASE HELP!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TempestAthena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-21-2012

Tldr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Both your second and third complaint are working as intended. Every other ultimate that provides CC in the game is effected by merc treads, why else do you build it if not to avoid all CC? If I can silence a Nunu/Kat/Malzahar/Warwick/Pantheon/Shen out of their ults with Garen, I **** well better be able to silence Galio out of his ultimate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovas

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
make galio's ult reduce cooldown if he does less damage with it

ie. he ults 1 person, cooldown on the next ult is reduced by 20 secs

or

he ults 5 people for max duration / damage, cooldown on next ult is not reduced at all
Hm...i like it...it would let me use it on 1v2 and 1v1 situations all the more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovas

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordTempest View Post
Tldr
Omg u so funny. that so original!

u must like have SO MANY friends on the internet!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovas

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
Both your second and third complaint are working as intended. Every other ultimate that provides CC in the game is effected by merc treads, why else do you build it if not to avoid all CC? If I can silence a Nunu/Kat/Malzahar/Warwick/Pantheon/Shen out of their ults with Garen, I **** well better be able to silence Galio out of his ultimate.
While I'd like to agree with you...

Nunu, kat, malz, ww will all still dmg until you silence them. if you silence galio, he does 0 dmg becasue he channels first, then deal dmg if he finishes it/activates earlier.

Shen and panth are special since they have added utility in the fact that their ults have "global" repositioning. I reserve them in a special class of badass-ness, especialy shen who kicks so much ass now its disgusting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Classick

Game Designer

02-21-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey guys, Rjcombo did definitely talk to us and as and we are making a couple small changes to help mitigate these problems you are experiencing.

We have a change on PBE which will now increase the damage radius so that you'll always do damage to someone affected by Galio's taunt unless they manage to get out of it. We also did a small change that will fix a bug that would allow you to walk out of Galio's ultimate as a ranged character if they were just on the edge.

We feel Galio's power level is in a pretty good place so we want to make changes that will help reduce frustration when using his ultimate without adding power if possible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juke For Jesus

Senior Member

02-21-2012

hey hey!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovas View Post
While I'd like to agree with you...

Nunu, kat, malz, ww will all still dmg until you silence them. if you silence galio, he does 0 dmg becasue he channels first, then deal dmg if he finishes it/activates earlier.

Shen and panth are special since they have added utility in the fact that their ults have "global" repositioning. I reserve them in a special class of badass-ness, especialy shen who kicks so much ass now its disgusting.
The Galio ult should deal damage based on how long it channels, not make it uninterruptable. That's too powerful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovas

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
Hey guys, Rjcombo did definitely talk to us and as and we are making a couple small changes to help mitigate these problems you are experiencing.

We have a change on PBE which will now increase the damage radius so that you'll always do damage to someone affected by Galio's taunt unless they manage to get out of it. We also did a small change that will fix a bug that would allow you to walk out of Galio's ultimate as a ranged character if they were just on the edge.

We feel Galio's power level is in a pretty good place so we want to make changes that will help reduce frustration when using his ultimate without adding power if possible.
Now THATS a red update!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azuriae

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Thank you, Classick. Thank you.
That was the most annoying thing ever; catching someone with your ult but not do any damage because he was on the edge.