@Tribunal: You NEED to log pre/post chat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AuraLucario

02-17-2012

Regardless of the person actually sitting there or not, it is not the point. Most of the confrontation occurs in post game chat, and plus you cant talk to each other really in pregame chat. Post game chat is when people brag and troll calling others names and saying they suck, that is where most of the worst occurs, so it would be essential to the decision of their punishment or pardon.

Mowdidi

02-17-2012

They have nothing to do with the game..so its not needed.

Distillz

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeard View Post
Please put the pre/post game chat in the Tribunal log.

This is necessary.

Honestly.

Pre-game and Post-game is typically where I see the most offensive, hateful, trolling behavior during my entire LoL experience.
why are you in post chat? I agree, they need an ignore feature for pre-game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraLucario View Post
Regardless of the person actually sitting there or not, it is not the point. Most of the confrontation occurs in post game chat, and plus you cant talk to each other really in pregame chat. Post game chat is when people brag and troll calling others names and saying they suck, that is where most of the worst occurs, so it would be essential to the decision of their punishment or pardon.

you are an idiot. If you subject yourself to it by not leaving, why do you think you should get to take another person's account away? Why does no-one see that there is a massive imbalance in how these things are dealt with? Your method breeds childish morons who cry for everything. To see people come on the forums *****ing about being insulted in post game chat then *****ing about someone adding them to insult them more is just eye opening. You can leave post game chat, and you have to accept a friend invite before they can really add you.

I still don't get how people get worked up over in-game chat. You have to do so much just to see what the person is saying. I bet some idiots actually scroll up to read everything you've said, then report. This is all just stupid

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penilecataract View Post
why are you in post chat? I agree, they need an ignore feature for pre-game

you are an idiot. If you subject yourself to it by not leaving, why do you think you should get to take another person's account away? Why does no-one see that there is a massive imbalance in how these things are dealt with? Your method breeds childish morons who cry for everything. To see people come on the forums *****ing about being insulted in post game chat then *****ing about someone adding them to insult them more is just eye opening. You can leave post game chat, and you have to accept a friend invite before they can really add you.

I still don't get how people get worked up over in-game chat. You have to do so much just to see what the person is saying. I bet some idiots actually scroll up to read everything you've said, then report. This is all just stupid
I would assume in the same manner you're getting worked up over some simple posts in this thread.

inb4: "I'm not getting ****ing worked up"

Lord Reepa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Why do people have to "ignore" bad behavior. That is like telling a woman it was her fault she was raped because of what she wore. Start placing the blame where the blame belongs and that is the individual breaking the rules.

They are working on getting pre-game and post game chat. The way they have things setup lead me to believe it isn't something so easy as flipping a switch to allow it to be recorded for tribunal. I would simply take a screen shot and email it to support if you feel the person was offensive enough.

[sorry for any bad grammar/misspellings I have a bullet hole thru my finger.]

Toastman04

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeard View Post
Please put the pre/post game chat in the Tribunal log.

This is necessary.

Honestly.

Pre-game and Post-game is typically where I see the most offensive, hateful, trolling behavior during my entire LoL experience.
Grow a pair

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

02-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

this is a feature we really want to develop!
I just want you know Riot is fully aware of your suggestion.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

02-17-2012

I for one who is against inclusion of POST-game lobby to Tribunal. Because the game is already over. Your bad behaviour won't affect game outcome in any way now.
And people - being who they are - need to let the steam out sometimes. The post-game lobby is the best place for such a thing. Not raging at all is, you know, harder than raging in post-game only.

Now, if you are the one who's offended by - you are free to leave! You get absolutely NO penalty for leaving when the game is over. Because it is, well, over.

And one more thing - sometimes people (me included) tend to share more or less private info with another player in said post-game lobby when everyone else has left. Making this chat log public (tribunal-accessible) may hurt privacy of innocent people.

Inclusion of PRE-game lobby, on the other hand, is the right thing to do (because the game is already started, but not yet finished).

TheTome

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Whatever View Post
I for one who is against inclusion of POST-game lobby to Tribunal. Because the game is already over. Your bad behaviour won't affect game outcome in any way now.
And people - being who they are - need to let the steam out sometimes. The post-game lobby is the best place for such a thing. Not raging at all is, you know, harder than raging in post-game only.

Now, if you are the one who's offended by - you are free to leave! You get absolutely NO penalty for leaving when the game is over. Because it is, well, over.

And one more thing - sometimes people (me included) tend to share more or less private info with another player in said post-game lobby when everyone else has left. Making this chat log public (tribunal-accessible) may hurt privacy of innocent people.

Inclusion of PRE-game lobby, on the other hand, is the right thing to do (because the game is already started, but not yet finished).
I agree. I think seeing post game chat is silly. Why would anyone care what someone says after the game is over? Just leave and start up a new game.

If there are people who are being verbally abusive in the post game chat, then they were being verbally abusive in the game chat as well and thus will be put in the Tribunal anyway. If there's someone out there who has enough willpower to hold his rage in check for the up to 40 minutes it takes to complete an average game of LoL, then I've never seen it myself.

Pre-game chat would be a nice feature though. It could let us know ahead of time who insta-locks, who's arguing over positions, or who's not cooperating with their team, since the pre-game is where you can see most of that. But post-game chat seems kinda redundant to me.

Flyingbox

02-17-2012

Why would pre-post chat matter?
Because people figured out that if they talk their trash before or after the game they're less likely to get caught as the tribunal currently doesn't record.

This is why we need it. People are waiting until post-game to smack-talk and be jackasses.