How to Review a Champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-16-2012

Yeah. I guess it would count. But I'm not going to call him out. You guys can do it if you want to, though!

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Step #2: Explain how you think the ability works. Don't just go out there and assume you're right. You're probably wrong. Some abilities are pretty complex. You don't want to get confused.
I'm sure it's been said but if an ability is so complex it is possible to not understand it on your first read through it is probably way overcomplicated and should absolutely be toned down.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-16-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Hello, everyone!

This thread is really awesome and I agree with everything the OP said. Constructive, focused feedback yields the best results- and being open to that same feedback is very important. It'll also help me be able to contribute here.

I'm interested in posting my feedback and opinions on your ideas in this forum. I'm not a game or champion designer, of course, so how valuable my input is will vary. I saw an interest in having some Rioter attention over here, and I'd like to satisfy that want.

Lastly, I just enjoy working on these ideas! I tinker with champion ideas a lot myself, so I'd be happy if we can all grow into better designers together.

Still Eternity

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Hello, everyone!

This thread is really awesome and I agree with everything the OP said. Constructive, focused feedback yields the best results- and being open to that same feedback is very important. It'll also help me be able to contribute here.

I'm interested in posting my feedback and opinions on your ideas in this forum. I'm not a game or champion designer, of course, so how valuable my input is will vary. I saw an interest in having some Rioter attention over here, and I'd like to satisfy that want.

Lastly, I just enjoy working on these ideas! I tinker with champion ideas a lot myself, so I'd be happy if we can all grow into better designers together.
A...A Red!? In Champion Concept Forum!?

You're like a Shiny Pokemon in any Pokemon game! QUICK! SOMEONE GET A MASTER BALL!!

Drake O Dagger

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Hello, everyone!

This post just all but ensured the survivability of this thread... Thank you Mr Red. Any chance you can actually sticky this? Or get in touch with someone who can? This kind of advice needs to be shared for all time IMO.

Jaykoboy

02-16-2012

OMG...a RED. In a post I MADE. On CHAMPIONS.

This...this is impossible...am I dreaming, only to wake up and realize that I STILL have to take an APHG exam when I wake up!?!

Walker21

02-16-2012

Jaykoboy you bring joy to the troll community that is the forums. Thank you.

Jaykoboy

02-16-2012

Thank you...I guess.

Amberleh calls me the 'cute little brother who tries hard but is just too cute to not love.' ♥

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
This post just all but ensured the survivability of this thread... Thank you Mr Red. Any chance you can actually sticky this? Or get in touch with someone who can? This kind of advice needs to be shared for all time IMO.
Agreed, this is the best guide to reviewing I've seen so far.

@RiotAmes: I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we would greatly appreciate your input.

exe3

02-16-2012

This could very well coax other reds to join in the fun over here. I'm excited!