Ask Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-15-2012

Dear Riven,

Legitimate question this time. How do you channel Ki? Is it stored in your blade, in you, or in both?

-Jay

Ask Kennen

02-15-2012

Dear Riven

Can you teach me how to do that thing with your blade when you send a shock wave out! i could throw like TONS OF SHURIKEN kinda..like Katarina..

-Jealous of Kat
Kennen

Heil Teemo

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Sorry, that's a secret.
I understand. Can you at least tell me if he (she?) treated you properly on this special holiday? And yes, I understand the implied innuendo in my comment, but it's unintentional, I assure you.

Ask Riven

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Dear Riven,

Legitimate question this time. How do you channel Ki? Is it stored in your blade, in you, or in both?

-Jay
Well, I know I call it 'Ki', but to be honest, it's not the 'Ki' that everyone thinks it is.
The blast is created from the sword's power (though it wouldn't respond without my input, so I guess it qualifies as 'both'). I wouldn't be able to pull it off with a normal weapon, and anyone else wouldn't be able to pull it off with my sword.
I just liked the name, so I used it. I didn't mean for it to be confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Kennen View Post
Dear Riven

Can you teach me how to do that thing with your blade when you send a shock wave out! i could throw like TONS OF SHURIKEN kinda..like Katarina..

-Jealous of Kat
Kennen
To be fair, Katarina just throws a bunch of knives. A technique like that can be learned by anyone with practice.
My Wind Slash is much more advanced, and much more difficult. It uses the energy from my full sword in coordination with my skill with the blade. It's hard to master, but can be extremely deadly. It's helped me many times, and has been the bane of my foes ever since I acquired the weapon. Unfortunately, I don't think you'd be able to use it with shuriken. They're just not the right tool for the job.
But! You have lightning. That's pretty cool. You shouldn't be jealous of a knife-thrower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
I understand. Can you at least tell me if he (she?) treated you properly on this special holiday? And yes, I understand the implied innuendo in my comment, but it's unintentional, I assure you.
I hate Valentine's day... Sigh...

Heil Teemo

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
I hate Valentine's day... Sigh...
That was a surprisingly heartbreaking comment. ;_;

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

You were expecting her to enjoy the gaudy holiday?

I don't even enjoy it and I'm not even half as solemn.

Jaykoboy

02-15-2012

Dear Riven,

What's your opinion on poetry? Are there any poets you're especially fond of?

Also, why is your hair white? Is it from the...well, I'm not going to name specifics, but is it natural?

-Jay

Ask Shen

02-15-2012

Dear Riven,

Why are you fighting skills looks familiar to me? Have you been training with an Ionian fighter?

-Shen, the Eye of Twilight

Ask Riven

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Dear Riven,

What's your opinion on poetry? Are there any poets you're especially fond of?

Also, why is your hair white? Is it from the...well, I'm not going to name specifics, but is it natural?

-Jay
I'm not keen on poetry. Most of it is vague and boring. If you want to say something, then say it.

As for my hair, I know what you're referring to, but no, it's natural. I've had it since the day I was born (as far as I know). Since it's so rare, however, and considering that Ashe also has white hair and my birth parents are missing, I've heard some crazy theories... But I don't care much for them. I think it'd be irrelevant at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shen View Post
Dear Riven,

Why are you fighting skills looks familiar to me? Have you been training with an Ionian fighter?

-Shen, the Eye of Twilight
No, I train alone. Considering how much you battle with Noxians, I'm surprised you'd call my technique Ionian. Perhaps you've just fought so much that they all seem familiar?

Nwol

02-16-2012

Care to spar sometime?

-Tekun Valos