Weird Sound Anomolies, possibly caused by Heimerdinger

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wonky

10-16-2009

I've been hearing some strange things since the patch. I think I've limited it solely to when Heimerdinger is around with his turrets, but I'm still not 100% sure yet. When there are so many turrets around, many times my champion won't play the correct audio clips, and sound effects like gaining gold from last-hitting, and the sound of autoattacks, etc. don't play.

I know it's a pretty vague description, but I've never had this happen to me until the patch. I'm also getting some FPS issues where I never had before, again coupled with Heimerdinger's turrets, but it's not too severe.

Salacavalini

10-17-2009

Been having some choppy voice playback since the last patch. Every single game has had Heimerdinger in it, sure, but I can't confirm whether that's the cause or not; he's still too new and thus gets picked into every game anyway.

Tribalsoul

10-18-2009

I've been hearing a ticking noise every now and then, not sure if it's Heimer related, because I hear it when I shouldn't hear any Heimer sounds (when my map view is not remotely near him).

Hoax

10-18-2009

This alone is reason enough to not play, its so annoying I have no words.

GreenWolf

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
This alone is reason enough to not play, its so annoying I have no words.
No.......i dont think so, what ever is making this happen riot will fix it

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

10-19-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're working on the fix right now, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Keep up the great feedback all!

Rev

Adjudicator

10-19-2009

I'm late to the party on this one, but I definitely hear the teleport sound way too often when around Heimerdinger. Everytime I hear it I have to assume someone just teleported into the bushes using one of his turrets, and back off down the lane in case it's a gank attempt.

Wylte

10-20-2009

I've been hearing loud cracks and teleports off and on as well, though I can't say for sure whether Heim was present every time.

My $.02