How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.41%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.51%
81-120 Games 1,738 15.73%
121-160 Games 665 6.02%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.41%
400-599 Games 1,088 9.85%
600-799 Games 457 4.14%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,140 19.36%
Voters: 11051. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spellsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhewyg View Post
my queue time is too **** high

like 1 hr
^

Unkown05

02-15-2012

Underneath spellsy

Spellsy so boss

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-15-2012
6 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLyMj View Post
Seriously, duo queue is probably the main issue. It's very unfortunate when I'm the 2nd top pick in ranked and the last pick is duo'd with the top pick and the last pick is like 1500 while I'm in the 1700's. Didn't take screen shots because I didn't think Riot actually cared seeing as they NEVER mention this subject, ever, or plan for solutions.

It's a HUGE problem. One solution would be to make the gap in elo between the two duo que partners some-what relevant, like 30 points within each other.
I'm listening now and Matchmaking [[[at]]] riotgames.com will always be there for you to submit details and screenshots.

Heartlis

02-15-2012

I know there are bigger fish to fry but something needs to be done about ultra high elo queue times. This isnt as much for the top few hundred players as it is the tens of thousands watching the streams. I don't see why the best possible match availabe isnt selected after 5 minutes or so pass, it's not like matchmaking is so fine tuned that putting in someone 50 elo lower will skew the game heavily one way or another.

Daharon

02-15-2012

Please, think it twice before removing duo queue, I'm always duo queing with a friend of the same elo, and actually carry games because we make a sick duo. Without this option, it'd take us twice as long to get out of this elo.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-15-2012
7 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellsy View Post
^
Please send the details to Matchmaking [[[at]]] riotgames.com!

1) What was your game mode? (Normal, Normal Draft, Ranked)
2) What was the map? (Dominion, SR, Twisted)
3) Average queue times you face?
4) How many wins do you have, or what is your Elo if ranked?

David Hume

02-15-2012

Not really a ranked problem, but 5 man premades in normals where all the players aren't close to the same level are seven different kinds or messed up.

Just got out of a game with 30-30-30-30-18 vs 30-30-30-28-28. (and that's one of the closer games.) Complete steamroll - it's basically "pick a lane for the level 18 to feed in."

The games we win are landslides where the 5th person doesn't get a chance to affect the game, and the games we lose are also landslides the other direction.

Maybe only about 20% of the games are actually close.

CrippLeDeJonny

02-15-2012

In normal draft (witch prioritizes premades in pick order) i usually get matched up with people that have 1800> elo. last game i played with a full team of 2100's.

even though I only started ranked I feel your starting elo should be evaluated by the W/L ratio of normal games, then you dont get a HUGE skill difference in the 1200's. That's my theory. Even though I'm moving up through the elo ladder quite quickly, sometimes I find a person in the 1400's that does not even know how to cs. I have no clue how this happens but it does.

LOLOL BYE

02-15-2012

I think the Elo system doesn't work because it was based on a single player ranking system - Which League is not and has many more variables - As well as everybody starting at 1200 Elo which is not the 'Average' point, so many people who are far above this, are carrying people who are far below this and creating a level to where many players shouldn't be.

C00LST0RYBR0

02-15-2012

Please remove the inital placement system. Why?
The players that really benefit from this system are the "highest ranked 1%" of all players.

- These players don't need this system in the first place, as they play the most, have tons of high ranked players to duo q with. So they'll get back up easily.
- It creates too much variation around the 1200 (mid range) due to the randomness of the system. Basicly I had accounts start out at 900 and others at 1500. Of course you'll get back to your real elo but the displacement caused by this system are huge.

So why do we have this system that only helps 1% of the players, that don't actually need this help in the first place.

Please remove this system.