@Xypherous: I heard from Coronach that Yorick is getting reworked in the future?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

bumpity bump

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

He is kinda of the best Top laners and coupled with a hard carry like Vayne he can kinda carry his team easily.

Lavosking

02-15-2012

i love his laning phase harass. But after the laning phase he is pretty boring.

IS12a6435041c36e3214d49

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavosking View Post
i love his laning phase harass. But after the laning phase he is pretty boring.
And that's where his ult comes in for, to put it on yourself or your teammate who carries your team. His W and E are burst type of damage, but it isn't his primarily source of damage.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

I'm experimenting with some multi-minion AI models that Coronach didn't have time to do when he was working on Yorick and then passing that research off when things are more settled.

Yorick right now has some pretty crazy self-sustain in lane but has poor chasing ability and a somewhat confusing mixed ranged/melee playstyle that is hard to get into - The goal is to get him to flow better into attacking alongside his ghouls, rather than treating ghouls as ranged spell nukes that summon minions.

It's a slow burning research project at the moment - due to tinkering with AI models and stuff - some interesting stuff has fallen out of it though.

Gigas

02-15-2012

Everything Xypherous tocuhes turns to gold, I love this man.

Nukemouse

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm experimenting with some multi-minion AI models that Coronach didn't have time to do when he was working on Yorick and then passing that research off when things are more settled.
What kind of changes would this mean? How would this new AI actually affect Yorick's Ghouls?
Can you at least give us an idea of the aim?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
What kind of changes would this mean? How would this new AI actually affect Yorick's Ghouls?
Can you at least give us an idea of the aim?
The aim would be to give Yorick more control over his ghouls and actually feel like they are fighting or protecting you.

For example, a simple change you can do to minions is making sure that the spectral ghoul always attempts to attacks what you attack and it attacks in rhythm with your attack, or you could try shifting movement speeds so that when Yorick is farther away from his ghouls, they run faster to "catch up", for example - Just stuff like that.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

02-15-2012

as a yorick fan i find this unnecessary

Quote:
The aim would be to give Yorick more control over his ghouls and actually feel like they are fighting or protecting you.

For example, a simple change you can do to minions is making sure that the spectral ghoul always attempts to attacks what you attack and it attacks in rhythm with your attack, or you could try shifting movement speeds so that when Yorick is farther away from his ghouls, they run faster to "catch up", for example - Just stuff like that.
this type of remake is fine yay

Ehh No Way

02-15-2012

but Yoricks already fun to play D:

12345612 ... 25