Ask Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

02-13-2012

I honestly don't know why I'm doing this... I have more beneficial things to do with my time. But, the summoners say I've got quite a few fans, so I guess I'm curious? I don't know. If you've got anything you want to know-- Actually scratch that, not anything...

I'd rather not get into personal stuff too much...

Ask away.

List of Current Sparring Challengers
[1] ---
[2] ---
[3] ---
[4] ---
[5] ---


((Also, please remember that I like to run this as an "Ask" Column. Which means that I'd prefer to have letters being sent to Riven. If you'd like to have a face-to-face RP with Riven instead, please ask me first before you have your character barge into her home or simply assume I will want to RP face to face at that time. Thank you! ^ ^))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2012

Dear Riven,

What are your thoughts on many of the summoners trying to get you a bunny costume to use for the Fields of Justice?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2012

...what sort of things do you want people asking about, if not personal stuff?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st0pb0t

Senior Member

02-13-2012

Dear Riven,

Does the inside of your gauntlet possess some sort of cloth lining or padding? Seems like it would be awfully uncomfortable to wear otherwise. Also, does your broken blade have a sheath, or do you just carry it around everywhere?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Kennen

Senior Member

02-13-2012

//i love who ever you are with a million loves <3 riven is my main atm//

Greetings Riven

I've noticed something when ever your sword is broken you seem alot quieter and sad..but when your sword is reforged you sound alot happier and excited to be on the fields why is it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jude680

Junior Member

02-13-2012

Dear Riven

why do you have a crimson elite skin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

02-13-2012

Hello, Riven. Fear not, I'm not here to try to convert you to the Demacian way. I respect what decisions you have made up to this point, but your choice in life is your own. Do know that you are free to seek me out anytime you desire, however.

I actually have a question. What exercises do you perform to keep as strong as you are? With all due respect, your sword is huge, and I am greatly surprised at your ability to use it so effectively.

I plan on asking this of Tryndamere too, if he ever makes a column.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Katarina

Senior Member

02-13-2012

Dear Riven,

Holding true to Noxian tradition and ideology, do you plan to assassinate Singed at some point?

- Katarina


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

02-14-2012

Wow. This is a lot of questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Dear Riven,

What are your thoughts on many of the summoners trying to get you a bunny costume to use for the Fields of Justice?
...

It's some sort of cruel joke, isn't it? It'll never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
...what sort of things do you want people asking about, if not personal stuff?
It seems others have found questions to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Dear Riven,

Does the inside of your gauntlet possess some sort of cloth lining or padding? Seems like it would be awfully uncomfortable to wear otherwise. Also, does your broken blade have a sheath, or do you just carry it around everywhere?
Of course, my gauntlet does have some padding. Only a fool would wear straight metal on their skin. That would probably cause more harm than anything. Of course, I've met that sort of fool in the past. They're usually too proud to admit they're idiots.

I used to have a sort of buckle for my sword in the past with my full set of armor, where it would attach and I could get around without holding it. A sheath wouldn't work for it, since its size and shape aren't right. But since I've lost that, I carry my sword, and only when I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Kennen View Post
Greetings Riven

I've noticed something when ever your sword is broken you seem alot quieter and sad..but when your sword is reforged you sound alot happier and excited to be on the fields why is it?
My sword and I go back quite aways. I don't want to sound weird, but we have a sort of connection. Does that make sense? I'm not sure, really. It's just a really good feeling to have that nostalgic 'full' sensation back and directed towards my new goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
Dear Riven

why do you have a crimson elite skin
I'd prefer not to talk about that certain history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Hello, Riven. Fear not, I'm not here to try to convert you to the Demacian way. I respect what decisions you have made up to this point, but your choice in life is your own. Do know that you are free to seek me out anytime you desire, however.

I actually have a question. What exercises do you perform to keep as strong as you are? With all due respect, your sword is huge, and I am greatly surprised at your ability to use it so effectively.

I plan on asking this of Tryndamere too, if he ever makes a column.
I appreciate your words, and your offer. But don't be offended if I don't take you up on it. Demacia is not the place for me.

To answer your question: As a half-dragon, I imagine you'd be surprised at how much a human body can accomplish. I've spent my entire life wielding larger weapons, because I feel they're much more effective. It's not so uncommon for people of my... stature to wield a longsword, and with regular training it's possible to do so with one hand (leaving the other hand open to hold a shield). Unfortunately, I can't answer your question directly, as my technique is mine alone, and I haven't shared with anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Katarina View Post
Dear Riven,

Holding true to Noxian tradition and ideology, do you plan to assassinate Singed at some point?

- Katarina
Singed is a coward and relies on others and supplements to be on par with other Noxians. I'm confident he'll get what he deserves sooner or later. My only fear is that he'll do it to himself before anyone shows him how weak he really is.

Assassinate is not the right word, but I will destroy him if he stands in my way. The world will be a better place with him gone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-14-2012

Riven,

I can understand why Garen and Tryndamere use gigantic swords, but why do you? Is it just the weapon you're most comfortable with?

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover