One More Chance to Enter the Art of Revelry Contest!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

02-13-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hm00bPh4j3j View Post
Well? Has anyone received an confirmation email yet? Or are they not sending them out anymore?
Whoa whoa whoa! Good call! When we switched over the email servers, apparently we have to set up the confirmation email to send out again. Thanks for bringing it up! Should be operating as planned later in the day.

Hm00bPh4j3j

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
Whoa whoa whoa! Good call! When we switched over the email servers, apparently we have to set up the confirmation email to send out again. Thanks for bringing it up! Should be operating as planned later in the day.
Oh thank goodness!

Wait, does that mean I have to send my submission again to receive the confirmation email? I have sent it three times already, I think and it feels like I'm spamming my submission.

Leib Olmai

02-13-2012

Nikasaur.

One more chance at not screwing up please ?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...70674#17570674

I guess you really forgot or you laughed at us in this thread.

AimlessBeauty

02-13-2012

This was my submission. Good luck to all!

http://flesh-odium.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4oahm0

mochibuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbadonBane View Post
You raised the pool with even more incredible stuff? like what? a $40 dollar headset and some game points?

This is beyond unprofessional, not that Riot "normally" doesn't do this, but EVERYONE on even smaller scale NEVER does this! Did Blizzard ever extended their deadline for their contests after the winner announcement day?

So all the people who submitted on time need to resubmit their work too? just in case it was lost among the emails?

This is confusing...

The game has no style, most of in game art and icon art are crаp and all different, the forums are not user friendly the user page editor is none existing, in game UI is weak, and now this. no surprise that everything seems to come-out half/assed from riot.
And I though some blizzard guys worked on this game!!!

Here is my entery, like I said, will not participate in riot's unreliable contests again.
Feel like I wasted my time entering in first place.
http://rushn.deviantart.com/art/LoL-...y%3Arushn&qo=1
I thought you had one of the best entries. I'll be interested in seeing how quickly your attitude changes if you do win something, ahem. Or perhaps you're giving permission for your entry to be DQed, which is perfectly fine with me!

Xite91

02-13-2012

welp, no answer so im gonna use em

Vixsyn

02-13-2012

Will there be winners in different categories? Drawing and painting does not compete or compare to digital art. Two totally different ways with different outcomes. I do not find it fair that some put a lot of effort into drawing and painting to lose to digital art.... 8(

Vixsyn

02-13-2012

Good luck everyone who entered!

Candipoox

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
I completely understand the frustration. I'd like to explain in brief the severity of the circumstance that led to a contest extension. Normally, we would NOT do such a thing, but when the contests inbox bugged out on the submission date, a LOT of those people who worked to the bone may have submitted their entries and had them rejected. Instead of judging an incomplete contest and overlooking entries unfairly, we're giving everyone the chance to resubmit and have their entry be seen. Imagine if your entry was one of the ones that went missing, and your effort was for naught. With so many incredible entries, we couldn't stand the thought of some being unable to participate due to our own error.

We raised the prize pool with even more incredible stuff, which means people have a BETTER chance of winning something rad. We over doubled the amount of people we're awarding, with an extra 35 fans who will get Riot Points and awesome peripherals. Offering an extension is to make sure we safely received all entries and allow even more chances for each to win. Total, 70 people are sure to get a prize in this contest, and from the entries we've seen so far, they definitely deserve it. 27 winners was just not enough, especially when we might have missed some.

I apologize that this situation is frustrating, but the choice was made with fairness in mind. I hope you understand, and good luck!
Do they REALLY need five days to resubmit a picture that was already finished??? You are saying that these people tried to submit their entries but it rejected them. If any of these people created something that was even remotely worthy of the contest, im sure they didnt throw it away. One day would be plenty of time to have those people that already finished, resubmit their work. So five days seems a bit unfair. Im in it for the laptop. I dont care about the head sets, etc. I wish there would have been more of the grand prizes. Im sure this extension will greatly increase the number of people that we have to compete with.

Vixsyn

02-14-2012

I have nor had any complaints about the contest, I get to show my art work and have a chance to win stuff for free, why complain about mishaps, were all human. Cheer up buttercup submit your stuff and hope for the best like the rest 8)

Good luck to all and even if you don't win, your work was good enough for you to enter the contest so it is good enough to me 8)