Lux arguing with me over UNIQUE PASSIVE not stacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timpar3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

So this Lux (summoner name Diznix) is arguing that Morello's Tome and Fiendish Codex do not stack at all.. She is calling me all sorts of names and calling me retarded and ****ing idiots and stuff..

So I played a game as Janna and I had two Morello's Tome and 40% Cooldown Reduction.. Unless I somehow glitched out the game..

But regardless.. I know it says Unique Passive but I saw what I saw and I had the full 40% Reduction.. My Q was at 6 seconds.. My W at 6... Ultimate at 72 seconds.. She is going on and on about how high and wasted I am..

I also heard that the Gp5 items (Kage's Lucky Pick, Heart of Gold, Philosopher's Stone, etc.) stack.. So this Lux said that he was going to Screencap this and post it on the forums, so I took it a step further and decided to do it myself

Mad Suppordle

02-12-2012

Lux player is correct, unique passives should not stack.

Gp5 items do not stack with themselves. (2x philo wont do anything but philo plus hearth of gold will)

Glorious Bird

02-12-2012

Unique Passives don't stack. Hence why they are unique.

DoctorEvolution

02-12-2012

As Zimike said, as far as I am aware. Two different items with the same unique passive will stack, however the same item's passive won't stack.

Morello's Tome and Fiendish Codex. Should stack.
two Morello's Tome Should not stack.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-12-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

to clear things up:

-generally speaking, if you buy two copies of an item the effects will stack.
(e.g., if you buy two long swords you get 20 attack damage.)

-the exception to this generality is that if the item has any unique effects, you may only gain that effect once per named item.
(e.g., if you buy two haunting guises you get 400 health, 50 ability power, and 20 magic penetration.)

-generally speaking, the exception above does not affect similar unique effects across differently named items.
(e.g., if you buy youmuu's ghostblade and brutalizer you get 55 attack damage, 35 armor penetration, and 25% cooldown reduction--plus all the other stuff on youmuu's ghostblade.)

-the exception to the generality about the exception to the initial generality is the sheen proc--trinity force, lich bane, and sheen procs share a cooldown and you can only have the effects of one.

it's all very straightforward, really. (just kidding!)
if you have any other questions about items stacking, please feel free to ask.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

If nothing but two tomes = 40% cdr that is a bug.

Chavens

02-12-2012

Well yes, Lux is right. Yer full of yite.

Makestro

02-12-2012

if tomes are stacking they're bugged, good job finding a possible bug, so it would seem you're both right unless you forgot to take runes and masteries into account.

Silent Reaper

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
if tomes are stacking they're bugged, good job finding a possible bug, so it would seem you're both right unless you forgot to take runes and masteries into account.
Possibly this?

AbsolutePK

02-12-2012

Better question is, why would you have both Lux and Janna in the same team?