Vlad going (most likely) right back to **** tier in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-11-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Knowing Morello though, these nerfs are going to be very small so it likely won't put him anywhere new.
^ this.

basically, vlad's damage will be roughly the same but his sustain will be a little bit lower.
i expect that vlad will be about the same in most cases. if you were sending him bot, he'll still be strong against the same champions he was strong against, and he'll still be weak against the same champions he was weak against.

i'll definitely be paying extra attention to vlad after the patch though, along with shen and warwick.

DreamLeviathan

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

i'll definitely be paying extra attention to vlad after the patch though, along with shen and warwick.
Warwick buffs confirmed?!

Panwar

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLeviathan View Post
Probably as the devs(morrello I think?) have said before. A slight nerf to his sustain, and a slight buff to his damage.

Hugs From Momma

02-11-2012

Quote:
Dear God no.

Permaban status.

BungalowBill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Quote:
inb4 his sustain is lowered but damage increased for faster jungle times

lbgsloan

02-11-2012

Vlad's the poster child as for why manaless champions are just a foolish design. In a meta where sustain is king (on SR), they have the ultimate form of sustain - truely infinite mana. No matter what Riot does, they waffle between too effective or too ineffective every patch change. Vlad's probably the worst to balance, since he's ranged and gets built-in health sustain too. IMO they will never find a happy medium for Vlad with his manaless design. The sooner they realize this, the sooner he can be balanced one day.

Quote:
Dear God no.

Permaban status.
Riot's playing with fire if this is true. Lanewick is actually pretty good already and is strong on Dominion. Buffing him will break him in Dominion, and probably turn him into a top tier solotop pick on SR.

Kiddalee

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibuwolf View Post
He just is concerned for Vlad's viability in dominion and wants to discuss it; not really a complaint per se. Your post on the other hand was simply immature.
Nope, this is a pattern. Remember his Zeke's Herald thread? Yet it didn't take long for people to adapt their builds and get on with the game. Stop complaining about every little patch before you have even tried the new numbers.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Riot's playing with fire if this is true. Lanewick is actually pretty good already and is strong on Dominion. Buffing him will break him in Dominion, and probably turn him into a top tier solotop pick on SR.
Silly newbies having never known the era when Warwick was a Tier 1 Jungler.

The buff will not break him, it'll take him further away from solo-top and make him more powerful in the jungle, where Riot intended for him to reside.
Hopefully, speeding him up so he can compete with Udyr again.

Mibuwolf

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Nope, this is a pattern. Remember his Zeke's Herald thread? Yet it didn't take long for people to adapt their builds and get on with the game. Stop complaining about every little patch before you have even tried the new numbers.
Eh. I haven't seen the thread you mentioned, or at least I don't recall it. My opinion of his threads is irrelevant anyway. If he wants to make a topic discussing the pros or cons of the upcoming changes in the next patch, then more power to him.

On topic: I bought vlad not too terribly long ago, and imo he is barely a viable pick in dominion. I can understand why the OP would be worried of the upcoming nerfs to vlad. However it appears that it will just affect his sustain more so than his damage output. I also agree that vlad needs mana instead. Seems like it would be more appropriate even though the idea was awesome for vlad to use health.

FDru

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
I think you mean the Locket thread, and that's like one out of three threads I've ever made on this forum, none of which had anything resembling complaining. Stop pretending to know anything about me and acting like a creepy stalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
I dont think they nerf him bc of Dominion...
Its all about SR balance.
Same with Poppy - she is not good in Classic so its hard to nerf her for Dominion.
Obviously he's getting nerfed because of SR, since heals are 25% more effective there. In Dom he barely gets by and has to stack tons and tons of sustain items to work (or go without, throw out his combo once, and then die).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BungalowBill View Post
inb4 his sustain is lowered but damage increased for faster jungle times
If it means no more ******* stacking spell pen on WW anymore, I'm all for it.