Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mueble View Post
Dont...touch...my...soraka...again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny champ to get attached to, try Janna and feel the joy of constantly denying cs to enemies!

Especially fun when the enemy team is a derp and sends a melee carry to farm bot, i've had more then a few tryn's ending laning phase with 15 cs.

BRIKHOUS

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
You're wrong, if they didn't, supports simply wouldn't have items at all.

Even if they have no alternative source of income, it's still more efficient to subsist on passive gold and let your carry farm.

Even without SR passive gold generation this would be the case, the more you gimp sources of support income, the more you'll simply remove them as a factor period, because there is no reason to remove income from the people on the team that scales the best with gold and carries your team lategame.

edit:

If it was that broken then everyone would buy them all the time.

0 cs is not supposed to be a sacrifice, it's a position and and function on a team, it's basically that you don't need much in the way of items to make a substantial difference and so can concentrate on poking and zoning in lane.
So while people look for alternatives to the current meta or a way to shake things up, you remained entrenched in the idea that 0 cs is a good thing. It is not, it is boring. I hate to bring up another game here, but go look at DotA 2. Yes, they have supports. But the idea of a 0 cs lane is really not something you see. It makes for much more exciting play. If there were no gp/10s, it would not be more efficient to let the carry get all the cs, because the supports would literally be useless in every team fight. Items are just slightly necessary.

BlazingUnicorn

02-09-2012

If you keep nerfing the girl as a support just make her a freaking mage and be done with it. She can be "support" like Karma and Lux, there more for damage with abilities that also support. As a Soraka main, since the last changes, I have felt Sona and Janna to be infinitely better supports. If you take the enemy teams ability into effect I would prefer soraka against bad teams as I will get a very high score with easy kills and assists, and my heals will keep everyone alive. Against a good team I will be countered in so many ways that my heals are next to worthless as they will ALWAYS BE 50% effective; ie ignite, MF, Trist, items, etc. No other support is so easily countered or so dependent upon items, because the only way to keep my heals effective is to take CS and AP up. Sona and the other supports are not so easily countered, they have much more than just a heal to keep everyone up. In short, the direction I see you heading, add to the lore and have Soraka go mage, rework her Ult to heal for a bit less but also add some kind of effect to it to actually make it usefull in more situations rather than just against ****** teams who can't focus or don't know how to buy the right items/pick the right spells and champs.

Nularia

02-09-2012

It's a good thing Mortello isn't trying to win a support player Popularity contest....

mcphalluspants

02-09-2012

So long as all the nerf is is a little less mana restored from infuse, I'm totally okay. If they nerf star call, even better.

mcphalluspants

02-09-2012

So long as the nerf is just less mana restored by infuse, w/e. Or a starcall nerf.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

02-09-2012
13 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only if they do tons of damage.
Best Morello post ever.

AngryPanda19

02-09-2012

THIS JUST IN

Starcall:
-Range increased by 70
-Now hits a maximum 2/4/6/8/10 targets (prioritizes champions)

Astral Blessing:
-Mana cost increased to 90/120/150/175/200 (from 90/110/130/150/170)

Infuse:
-Removed self/ally cast
-Enemy cast now costs 50 mana. Damage increased to 60/115/170/225/280 (from 50/100/150/200/250).
-New passive aura: whenever soraka or an ally casts a spell, they regain 6/12/18/24/30 over 3 seconds

Thats how I would change her, anyway

SilentNightSona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Best Morello post ever.
Nice to see you here to Phreak.

So what is your take on why the supports need to be nerfed again?

TEN INCH TOM

02-09-2012

Always heal, never die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iY7q6OMTwg